27. The Red Skull

The land has succeeded and to be honest, it was actually funny. Steve and I bury the parachutes underneath the mud, so Hydra wouldn't find them, then we hide behind the trees and watch the facility from a safe distance. It is well guarded and spotlights shine through the area and fog. Before I can ask Steve how we should sneak in, troop carriers pass us and we look at each other.

"You first." I whisper and he nods, running towards the last truck. I follow him and wait till he jumps into the carrier, then I give a start, use my strength and jump just a second after him into the transporter. It is still unbelievable how strong I've become, I wouldn't have even made the drop.

Two Hydra soldiers with masks stare at us and an uncomfortable silence arises, no one really goes in for something. I smile awkwardly and stand up, raising my hands. "Hello, soldiers."

I knock them out with electricity, leaving them unconscious on the ground. Steve smirks proudly, throwing them out of the truck and we sit quietly down, just my heart thumps loudly in excitement. I try to block out that Bucky might be dead, he still has to be alive. The carrier arrives at the facility and the curtain gets removed by a Hydra agent, but before he can do something, Steve punches him with his shield. We sneak out of the truck and hope not to get caught, making our way to an entrance.

"Don't wanna be rude but your shield isn't exactly inconspicuous." I note sarcastically while we walk behind armors, being careful to remain hidden.

"But we need protection from the bullets." He points out and climbs quickly through an armor on the roof, waiting for me. "Do you need help?"

"I can climb on my own, thanks." I huff, needing a bit longer than him and causing him to chuckle. "Just because you're twice as strong as me doesn't mean that I need help. This panzer is just damn slick."

"Sure." He scoffs teasingly and we run into the facility. Through a dark corridor, we end up at a door and take a look through the glass. It looks like in an industry, they're producing huge weapons as I swallow slightly. Our country doesn't have high chances, unless we blow this all up.

"How should we- "

Steve cuts me off by knocking at the door, making the Hydra guard turn around and open the door and Steve hits his face with the door. He grabs the unconscious Nazi and drags him on the floor, then he enters the hall.

"Or we do it like that." I shrug and follow him. A lot of guards are walking around, all are armed. We just need to find the prisons, then we can free our soldiers and they can help us to fight our way out of this. Steve and I run fast, always stop by boxes when it seems like Hydra would see us.

A blue, bright light in a small capsule catches my attention, one of many on a box. They seem to be important, maybe they're some sort of energy. I take a capsule and place it in my pocket, Howard will analyze it then. Continuing our mission, we finally find the prisons and I let out a breath of relief. The few guards that are supervising the prisoners are easily knocked out by Steve and me.

The darkness here makes it hard to recognize anything, let alone to find Bucky, and the cells look like bird cages. Hundreds of soldiers stare at us, most of them look pretty rough and are injured while Steve and I open the cells and let them free.

"Who are you supposed to be?" A dark skinned man asks with confusion and Steve hesitates for a moment.

"I'm... Captain America."