Chapter Twenty Two

Listen to: You And I- One Direction while reading this :)

-Louis' POV-

"Lou, I love you."

I blinked a couple of time, just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Did El really say that? Before I had the chance to ask El what she meant or if I heard her correctly, it was already late, because she got up and ran off.

Then it hit me, she loves me! She loves me! I think I just felt my heart skipped a beat. She loves me! The question is, why did she ran away?

It struck me again. El. Shit, where did she go?! Maybe I should have have these thoughts later when I find her.

I left the beach, searching for her. I looked all over the streets and everywhere, I forgot when something caught my eye.

A girl with El's hair textures were sitting on a mini bench with her hands on her face. I sat next to her.

"El?" I touched her on the shoulder, gently.

"Leave me alone." she replied with a hoarse, dry tone.

"El, listen-"

"Leave me alone okay?!" she now turned to me. Her face were red and her eyes were bloodshoted. This is not good. "I don't want your sympathy! I don't want a single pity from you! You love Hannah. And I can't let me get in the way. Lou, I know what it feels like to lose something so important," more tears fell down. "Because I'm losing you."

I was stunned. Each word she said stabbed me in the chest. "Do you really love me, El?" I asked, quietly.

A tear fell from her left eye. "I would be lying if I said no."

My heart literally exploded into millions of butterflies, flying into my stomach. Suddenly, it felt so hard to breathe. What the hell? I'm a guy, why am I being cheesy?

"How do you know I don't feel.the same?" I challenged.

"Well you've start talking about you and Hannah's future. And that's when I got the hint." she said, in a duh tone. Tears were drying on her rosy cheeks.

Duh! Of course she got the hint when I said that. I guess I have no choice but to tell her the truth. My feelings.

"I did that to make you jealous, El. I was pissed when that Sam guy was hitting on you. It makes me wanna beat him into pieces. When he said he was engaged, I was relieved. The thought of you loving somebody, is just a hard pill for me to swallow. I love you, El. You're perfect, El. I wish I could turn back to the day we'd very first meet. I wish I wasn't an asshole to you. Because I fell in love." I confessed, talking nonstop.

Then, it was quiet. You can't hear anything except for the wind's howling and the sound of the leaves being blown away by the wind.

"I love you, El." I cupped my hands on her face.

"I love you too, Lou."

With that, I crashed my lips into hers, feeling all the butterflies and sparks all over the atmosphere.

I don't care if I sound cheesy anymore, call me old fashioned or whatever you want, but a note for you, I'm glad I set aside my pride and followed what my heart is saying.

I love El. And Hannah and I, are now just history.

The End of Change My Mind :)

READ: This is the LAST chapter of CMM. I'm sorry to disappoint you guys but this is the end. The end of Louis and El's love story.

Thank you for your nonstop support! It inspired me alot as a writer <3

This is it.

I love you all.

Thank you.

Love,

Kyla