Chapter 1:Goodbye

Aria's POV

'ARIA!' Someone shouted in my ear.

'WHAAAAT!' I moaned.

'It's time for breakfast so get your lazy ass up.' My best friend Brooke told me whilst yanking the duvet off me.

I sit up and rub my eyes. I crawl out of bed and put on a pair of black skinny jeans with a grey and black heart jumper. I put on my light face powder and let my long brunette hair fall down to just above my butt. I then slip on my grey vans and head downstairs to the breakfast hall with Brooke.

We turn the corner and arrive to the breakfast hall. We get our usual breakfast and sit down in the corner of the table. We talked for awhile and gobbled down our food before standing up.

'You know today is adoption day Aria ...' Brooke spoke softly.

'Yeah I know but it's been 7 damn years Brooke. I doubt today will be our lucky day. Let's just sit in our usual spot and wait until it's over.' I spat.

We stroll over to the adoption room with a bunch of other children and sat in our usual spot. We have to wait for exactly 2 hours before being let go. After about an hour and 20 minutes, a looking couple comes in and Brooke's face light up. A tear slips from her eyes.

'Brooke?' I asked.

'It's my dad ... and his new partner with their new baby ...' she lightly smiles. I frown and the couple starts to head towards us.

'Brooke it's time to go ... we are adopting you. Sorry it took us so long.' Her step-mum stated.

Brooke's smile turns into a frown when reality hits her. 'S-so I have to leave Aria?' She whispers but enough to her. She glances at me and then glanced down. 'I will be fine Brooke. I promise you.' I gave her a weak smile and we both hug each other. I am holding back my tears for Brooke. 'You know my phone number.' She mentioned and squeezes my hand before proceeding away.

I bawl out of tears as soon as she leaves and I cradle myself in the corner. Not caring who was looking. I didn't give a damn anymore.

Kaye's POV

I finally convinced Dappy into letting us adopt a child. We are on our way and I am so excited. We have two sons already but we both always wanted a girl instead. We arrived at the adoption centre and like a gentlemen, Dappy opens the door for me and grabs my hand. We intertwine our fingers and ambled inside the centre.

'Hello, we are here looking to adopt a child between the age of 14-17.' I expressed and give a bright smile to the lady at the front desk. She gives a small smile back and instructs us to a room. We stroll in and a bunch of children run towards us. They were asking for Dappy's autograph and pictures. He nodded and started signing. I then notice a girl who was rocking herself back and forth whilst facing the wall. I gazed at her and gazed down. Is she ok? I thought to myself.

'Excuse me everyone' I delivered and push through the children that were surrounding us. I sat next to the girl and put my hand on her back, gently rubbing my thumb in a circular motion.

'Are you okay love...' I ask her.

'Been better...' She whispers.

'Want to talk about it?' I ask her and she gives a light nod.

She glances up at me and I couldn't believe who it was. Aria's eyes were bloodshot and she was shaking.

'My best friend left me today and she was only thing I had close to. I have been here for 7 damn years and I can't take it any longer. My parents left-' She whispers but I interrupted her on the last thing she was going to say.

'I know what happened between you and your parents.' I expressed to Aria.

'You do.' She mumbled.

'Yeah I do. I am your Auntie Kaye and over there is your Uncle Dappy who is related to your Mum.' I mentioned.

I knew Aria was the one. She's the one I want to adopt. I gazed up at her and give her a cheeky smile. She glances up at me with a confused look on her face and I held onto her hands.

'You're the one, I and Uncle Dappy are going to adopt you Aria.'