-20-

" You had hope, huh ?" El Diablo said to Deadshot making him look a him." Hope don't stop the wheel from turning, my brother." He said." You preaching?" Deadshot asked wondering why he was so talkative. " It's coming back around for you. How many people you killed, man?" Diablo asked Floyd." You don't ask nobody no question like that, ese." He told him, thinking he was beginning to lose his mind." You ain't ever whacked down no women . No kids." Chato said to him. " I don't kill women or children." Deadshot said, telling him one of his principals. " I do. See I was born with the devil's gift." The tattooed pyrokinetic said," I've kept it hidden most of my life, but...The older I got, the stronger it got. So I started using it. For business, you know, the more power I got on the street, the more firepower I got." Everyone got silent and listened to him as he explained. " Like that shit went hand in hand. You know, one was feeding the other. Ain't nobody tell me no. Except my old lady. "He said holding back tears," You know, she used to pray for me. Even when I didn't want it." Holding out his hand, a flame sprouted from it and took the form of a dancing woman." God didn't give me this. Why should he take it away?" He asked them with a sad face." See, when I get mad, I lose control. I don't know what I do..."Diablo said putting a glass cup over the flame as it began moving in pain and collapsed n his hand." Till it's done." He said as the flame withered into smoke.

" And the kids?" Captain Boomerang asked being the first to talk to him." He killed them." Harley answered, making him even more sorry for the pyrokinetic." Didn't you?" She questioned as his eyes became watery." Own that shit. Own it !"Diablo looked at her in shock." What did you think was going to happen, huh?" She shouted at him. "Hey, Harley. Come on." Deadshot warned, knowing she was crossing the line." What were you just...Thinking you can have a happy family and coach little leagues and make car payments." She continued ignoring Deadshot." Normal is a setting on the dryer. People like us, we don't get to be normal!" Harley said looking at him." Why is it always a knife fight every single time you open your mouth?" Harkness asked, interrupting her complaining. "You know, outside you're amazing. But inside, you're ugly." He said." We all are. We all are !" She shouted at everyone in the bar, " Except for him. He's ugly on the outside, too." She said pointing to KC." Not me, shorty. I'm beautiful." Croc said ,contradicting her. ."Yeah, you are." She replied, before Rick Flag came in making everyone be silent." We don't want you here." She said to him as he sat down between Deadshot and El Diablo." Did you get to the part in that binder saying I was sleeping with her." Flag asked Floyd, looking at him.

"Yeah." He answered still angry at him," I've been with a witch before. What's that like?" Deadshot sighed," Apparently that's why the creatures chase him all the time. Cause the witch is scared of him." He said, telling everyone why they had to keep saving him so much." If I don't stop the witch, it's over. Everything is over. Everything." Rick said, before he began smashing the control pad to the explosive nanites against the bar countertop." You're free to go." He said, as Harley turned around to look in the mirror and Boomerang rushed out the door. Flag slid over a stack of envelopes in front of Deadshot. " Your daughter writes to you everyday. Every single day." The hitman smiled at the envelope with a drawing of little girl and held it in his hand. Flag stood and walked towards the door when he was turned around. " You had these the whole time ? You had letters from my daughter the whole time?" Floyd asked him getting a guilty nod in response." I'm gonna get you there and you're gonna end this." He said his voice filled with determination." I'm gonna carry your ass, if I have to. Cause this shit is gonna be like a chapter in the Bible. Everybody's gonna know what we did. And my daughter is gonna know her daddy is not a piece of shit."

Deadshot walked out of the bar, leaving Flag and the others behind him. It was silent for a moment before Harley started grabbing her bat and leaving as well." What? Got something better to do. Come on." She said as she grabbed her bat and followed her. Katana, El Diablo, and Killer Croc left Gabriella and Rick alone inside. Footsteps could be heard coming to her direction as she sat at one of the tables swirling her cup of Scotch around and around. A file that said 'CONFIDENTIAL' was slid in front of her." Did you know?" Rick Flag asked her." Know what ?" Gabriella responded playing dumb." Did you know about why they chose you?" He sighed, rubbing a hand over his face." They chose me because for one, they found about the past we had together, and two, well you know." She said as a matter of fact." How come I didn't know about this, huh? Why can't I remember any of it? Why can't I remember my last two years of high school?" Flag said, raising his voice." You know how it is..."

" Power changes everything until the line between being a villain and a hero becomes blurred."

Author's Note: I'm really, really, really sorry for this long overdue chapter. I just have too many things going on in life. Sorry for grammar, spelling, and punctuations mistakes. The quote at the end is not mine, BTW. Bye!!!