-23-

AN: Heads up, this is a long chapter. I have one more official chapter and another bonus chapter epilogue as a thank to everybody who took time to read this story. Sorry for grammar, punctuation, spelling mistakes, and run on sentences. Thank for you patience and I hope that whatever stories I create you'll enjoy.

Bye!

" So what happened after that ?" Dr. Crawford questioned Gabriella , while eating Chinese food. His blue eyes watched her try and recall the event . " I need a couple of minutes to think about it." She said clasping her hands together in a professional matter." Take your time." The tight dark silver handcuffs kept her arms stretched out in front of her. A chain connected to the link of the handcuffs extended to the middle of the table where the two were seated. " Colonel Flag tried to make the Enchantress bring June back but she told him no. He then stabbed her heart and then Ms. Moone turned out to be alive. They reunited and the remaining squad was sent back to Bell Reve with rewards." The blonde said finishing her story.

The two sat in a room with a table and chairs for the both of them. In all four corners of the room, the four security cameras staring back at them. A door with a keypad sat eleven feet away from them. Dr. Crawford was placed closet to the door for security measures.Blue eyes stared locked with hers for a few minutes. The Chinese take out box was set down on the table. Crawford played with the two chopsticks while never breaking eye contact. " Do you know that Harley escaped with a Joker ?" He asked. " No."

A sigh escaped his lips and he closed his eyes regaining his composure. " I need to know what happened , after all of this..." Crawford explained attempting to be kind towards her. " What did you do with the heart of the Enchantress ? You weren't supposed to take it." He ran a hand through his jet black hair. " I did not take the heart. Colonel gave it to the government for safekeeping." Gabriella told him. Crawford shook his head and when he turned he saw that the remotely controlled collar had a red light.

Tears formed in his eyes as he looked at her in pity. " They insisted that you took it. They know about the kids. You understand what is going to those kids if you don't tell them what they need to know. I'm trying to stop this." He cleared his throat. Tears already ran down Gabriella's cheeks as the collar caused a dull pain in her neck that grew intense by the second. " I don't what they do to me. Just tell me what happened." The woman let out a couple of sniffles. " That's all that happened. I don't know anything else. I swear." She spoke quietly. The two sat in silence for a moment.

When he tried speak, he was interrupted by an assertive voice from the intercom. " Dr. Crawford, that's all for today. You may leave now." He broke out in tears and started to plead. " Please, please you have to help me. They've killed my wife and they still have my children. Please help us." Gabriella shook her head quickly." I can't help anybody. They would die as soon as I---" She was cut off by the collar as a low humming came from it . She cleared her throat once. Then again. And again.

She then broke into a coughing fit. Her skin turned a pale blue color which contrasted with the dark red liquid that came from her ears. " What's happening ?!" Dr. Crawford exclaimed, trying to help the poor soul." She needs help, " He looked at the security camera desperately." She needs medical attention ! " He shouted, putting his full attention on her when she dropped to the floor. The door slid open quickly. " Thank you, she needs--" Dr. Crawford stared at the door in fear.

Three figures stood in the dimly lit hallway in front of the room. All of them had masks with tubes going into their backs. They all wore similar clothing but all of different height. A tall one on the left, short in the middle, and one of average size on the right " Dr. Crawford, that's all for today. You and your children may leave now ." The short said to him. The other two held two of his sleeping children in their hands. A girl and her older brother. The middle one pulled out a carriage with a beautiful baby girl. " Okay ." Dr. Crawford said ,unsure of their plans. Gabriella laid on the floor with labored breathing and pale blue skin. Her eyes were sunken in . Her lip were severely chapped.

" Go." She choked out. Dr. Crawford quickly stood up and began walking towards them. When he was a few feet in front of them, the short one held up their hand. " You seem to have forgotten what we discussed. The agreement was if you were able to evaluate the asset, you can leave. But you if you didn't..." " I would die and the children will apart of the next project." He said with his eyes wide with fear. The taller one raised a gun and pointed it at his head." Wait! Just give me one more---" He didn't finish.

Bang !

Heels clacked against a floor behind the three figures. " Unfortunately, we don't have time for mistakes." A woman with short curled brown in a red outfit walked in the room. " Why ? " Gabriella choked out. She sat against a wall furthest away from them. " Why not just kill him from the beginning ? Why use the kids when you could use so much better? " The woman scoffed. " I feel that children would be better to use because we train from the time they can walk until the day they die. " She chuckled with a smile on her dark cherry red lips. " I'm just kidding. We don't use children for projects." She said with a serious look.

The woman crouched down in front of her. With a wave her hand, the children disappeared. Gabriella looked at her confused. " They were already dead, weren't they ?" She questioned with tears in her eyes. " Darling, why ask question you know the answer to ?" The woman walked away to the door. The figures now stood in the room. " You're our greatest success but our biggest failure. We almost there." The woman turned around to stare at Gabriella with a blank face. " This all your fault. Riders, capture Subject 25614 and Project 13.20." The riders held weapons in their hands. A bullwhip, a reinforced FN FAL, and two curved crescent swords.

The riders advanced towards Gabriella. " No!!! " She screamed. The lights burst into sparks and a large crack appeared in floor. The woman eyes became empty black mirrors. The angry woman held up her hand and the assassins dropped their weapons. They shriveled up as if being squash like bugs when she slowly closed her hand. " I've dealt with this torture for too many years. I want all of you to know what that feels like." The woman in red stood unfazed in the hallway.

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Three large golf ball sized bullet wounds claimed the space on her abdomen. Turning around, Astrid saw what seem to be Dr. Crawford with an alien-like shotgun. " Project 13.20, stand down or we will be forced to retaliate." he said in unison. The woman in red eerily spoke," Ms. Fairchild,

The Vero Organization would like to thank you for contributions. We hoped you've enjoyed your time here and would continue stay."

Sniffling was heard and tears were running down her cheeks.

" Please...Please...Please, save me from them.