1. losing dares

THEY WERE many instances in Piper's life which were her Eureka moments, aptly celebrated as 'I have found it' moments.

One could tell it was when she hit the piano chord for the first time at three, or the first time her innocent lips had touched a boy's lips at ten. There were many more to include, and almost of those could be credited to her boyfriend, Stephen.

Stephen, who was currently pacing in her room barefoot, kicking the empty crisp packet in his way but not bothering to pick it up.

"This is the most ridiculous dare you have given me. Ever," Stephen seethed, and ran a hand over his face, nearly knocking the rimmed rectangular glasses on his face in the process.

"You are over reacting." Piper sat on the bed and leaned up against her elbows, crossing her legs. "It's easier than the last one. Anything can be better than patrolling in front of a police officer in nothing but boxers."

"But telling your mother that you had sex with me when we were fifteen?" he shook his head. "Nope. Not done. She will ban me from your house."

"You just have to go and tell her 'Hey, Shel. I had sex with your daughter when we were fifteen.'

Stephen stopped pacing and glared at her. "You have lost your damn mind."

Piper suppressed a grin as she enjoyed the agitated onslaught on his face. What Stephen didn't know was that Piper's mom, Shelena already knew. In fact, when Piper had nervously blurted out, her mom had shrugged and asked her politely to have safe sex.

Talk about an understanding mother. Piper mused.

"My mother adores you. She thinks you are my savior from this evil world."

"Ha ha ha, not funny." Stephen mocked her and laid his head on her legs. "Do you remember the time she caught me by my collar and dragged me out of the window?" He shuddered as if the memory haunted him.

Piper laughed and rose up, placing her hands on his chest. "I think any mother would when she sees a boy with mud-stained clothes, lying on her innocent daughter's body, kissing and sloshing her."

"You were the one who squealed and jumped on me."

"Indeed," Piper whispered and placed a chaste kiss on his lips. "I was so happy to see you after a month!"

Stephen grunted, crossing his hands over her eyes. "I am not going to tell this to your mother."

"Stephen," Piper's voice held a warning tone. "If you don't do this, you will have to do anything I tell you."

He wrapped his hands around her waist. "Fine, okay."

"Stephen!" Piper tapped his hand. "Are you sure? You have never lost this game."

"Better than going in front of your mother and telling that."

"I will ask you to do something very tough."

Stephen opened his one eye and peeked at her. Piper winked at him and nudged his shoulder. "Ma is in her office room. You tell her now, and you win this month!"

He huffed out a breath and sat up. Pushing his hair to a side, Stephen stood up. "Fine." He adjusted his specs. "I am going to try, and if anything happens, I swear-"

"Shut up, and follow me. I will be right behind you."

***

Piper held his hand as they made their way to her mother's bedroom. In front of the door, both of them stood, not making a move.

"Go." Piper pushed Stephen forward, and he collided with the open, the half-opened door now fully opened.

"Stephen," Her mom, Shelena looked up and quirked up an eyebrow.

People have told her plenty of times that her mom was intimidating. Shelena Rhyss had a personality which demanded attention. With her dark curly hair perfectly coiled in a bun, reading glasses perched upon her nose, and a book in her hand, she looked like a picture of a woman who had the world in her hands.

"Hey, Shelena," Stephen rasped out, moving forward and entering the room. Piper stayed in her position outside the room, bend at the door.

"Do you want anything, Stephen?" She heard her mom ask.

"Ah, I wanted to tell you something," Stephen replied. He touched his left hand to his collar, a sign he was nervous. Piper let out a giggle as she stared at the scenario.

"Stephen?" Piper saw Shelena glance at her and waved two fingers in her mother's direction.

"I..I," Stephen started, and Piper held her breath. The task she had given him was stupid, but Stephen respected her mother and had set it in his mind that having sex at fifteen was not a gentleman thing to do.

Piper shook her head. Stephen was weird like that.

Piper heard Shelena using her motherly tone when she wanted Piper to admit things. "Do you want to say something, Stephen?"

"I.. had," Stephen started to speak, stuttering in his words. "I..,"

Piper held her breath.

"I am taking your daughter for a date. Thanks." Stephen finished lamely and rushed out of the room. Piper didn't miss the smirk on her mother's face and just shrugged in response.

***

Once inside her room, Piper looked at Stephen. "That was lame."

"Gee, thanks, sweetheart," Stephen replied, sarcasm evident in his voice.

"Sarcastic Stephen. Heaven."

"I am ready for the forfeit. It's not like you are going to ask me to give my life or something." Stephen lied down on the bed, closing his eyes.

Piper looked up at the ceiling, the wheels in her mind turning. She valued his life too much to ask him to give his life but changing his life for a while sounded good to her.

***

A/N: I seriously have no idea where I am going with this story. It's a fun, side story which I am going to write while writing other stuff. So enjoy, and have a great day ahead! Please vote, and comment if you liked the chapter!