2. crazy forfeits

STEPHEN DIDN'T didn't see the plastic toy coming, and as a result, it hit him straight on the nose. He winced at the impact, glaring at his small brother, Kian. He rubbed his nose, groaning at the pain. For a four-year-old, Kian had a good aim when he wanted.

With a scowl on his face, Stephen bent down and picked up the toy, throwing it in a corner. "Do not, and I mean do not throw things at me, Kian. How many times should I tell you this?" He gritted thorough his teeth.

Ignoring him, Kian screamed out in anger, thumping his legs on the floor and running to retrieve his toy from the corner. Stephen commenced eating the crisps he had left halfway. The salty taste hit his taste buds, and a happy sigh escaped him. A fact- he loved crisps. Indulged in eating, Stephen did not see the slap coming from his brother from behind.

He launched his hands to catch the running boy, but he was faster, douching Stephen and running off as fast as his little legs could take him.

"Kian! You little-"

Unaffected, he giggled and poked out his tongue, running away from Stephen, not before throwing the toy at him. Again.

Shaking his head at the everyday scenario between him and Kian, Stephen settled on the couch and switched on the TV. The channels changed with rapid speed at the press of his finger on the remote, but his eyes were barely on the screen.

He had lost the dare. Stephen groaned out as his mind filled with questions.

What forfeit would Piper give? Will it be easy? Or something tougher than he had ever done?

Dares and forfeits- a game Stephen and Piper made during one of their piano classes, was played between them once in every month. One would give other a dare, a tough one, and if the other person failed, he or she would have to do a forfeit.

One thing common in Stephen and Piper was their determination to win, by hook or crook. So, when they played something, things got serious. A lot.

This month, Stephen had dared Piper to dye her hair green. To other people, this might have sounded a mundane dare, but Piper loved her hair. She had cried for an hour later, cursing him and throwing stuff at him.

His phone vibrated in his pocket, interrupting his thoughts. After reading the message, he closed his eyes.

Piper - I got a forfeit for you! You are sooo going to hate me. <3

***

"I don't think I am going to like what you say,"

"You won't." Piper grinned.

They were sitting in the backyard of Piper's house- surrounded by silence, with no one to see them. A favorite place of theirs, they loved lying on the grass on their backs and staring at the endless sky in each other's presence.

"Whatever it is, I won't back out," Stephen said, meaning every word.

"You cannot back out. It will be like," Piper paused, her nose scrunching as she searched for a proper word.

"Breaking a tradition," Stephen remarked, wryly.

Piper clapped her hands. "Yes, tradition! So, yeah anyhow listen." She leaned in closer- her eyes glinting, lips turned up in a futile attempt to hide a smile. "I thought about this for a very long time, and I believe that this is one of the best tasks I have ever given to you."

Stephen reared back and stared at her, a surge of uneasiness passing through him. "What exactly did you think for me, Piper?"

"We start our new high school within a week," Piper reminded him.

"Yes, so?"

"Now, dear, Stephen, are you aware of the stereotypes in a high-school?"

Stephen shook his head, wary with the way Piper was grinning. "Stereotypes, as in?"

"For example, the bad boy. It's a famous one."

"What are you trying to tell me? I am seriously not getting you. And, who the hell is a bad boy?" Stephen asked, clueless.

Piper tapped her finger on his forehead. "A bad boy is the one who wears leather jackets, rides a motorbike or a fancy car, talks rudely, emotionally unavailable, a mysterious past, fearless, rebellious and in some cases, sports tattoos too."

Stephen blinked unable to understand anything coming from her mouth. Pursing his lips, he thought for a while about the nonsense Piper had prattled away. "What do you mean?" He finally managed to ask.

"My punishment or as you say the forfeit is that you have to act like a bad boy for a month, and pretend I am not your girlfriend at the school."

"What the-"

"In short, switch your life to a one eighty angle, for a month." Piper tilted her head, a sweet crafty smile on her face. "I know, great, right?"

***