13. a little dare - II

"I like Piper," Alex said, rubbing his hands. He looked very much like the stereotypical bad boy Piper described. Blonde hair that cast a reddish hue when fell on his hair, blue eyes, and, of course, a lip piercing.

Stephen stopped midway drinking, staring at Alex, one of the seniors who had challenged him for skateboarding. He couldn't decide if the guy was joking or being serious.

"Piper, you mean Piper Welles?" he croaked out, unable to digest the thought of Alex hitting on Piper.

"Yeah, man, who else? Don't tell me you like her too." He finished the drink in one sip and asked Stephen again. "Do you?"

What a lovely question. Stephen thought and pondered how to handle this without giving out his secret. "She is smart," he said, lamely.

Alex grinned in response. "And, beautiful. So, I take it you don't like her?"

"I like her," Stephen added when he met Alex's confused gaze. "I appreciate the female form." He cringed at his statement, wishing he would swallow up the words.

"What are you guys doing here?" Nick shouted just in time and Stephen was saved from answering any more of the questions. He wasn't a jealous man, in fact, he had gotten used to Piper calling other boys cute, but this, this was different when another guy wanted to approach her.

"I found you guys just in time," Nick said and put a hand around Stephen's shoulder. "We are going to play to spin a bottle! You up for the challenging game?"

Relieved that Nick had arrived at the right time, he ran his hand through his hair and answered. "Yeah, I am."

After all, what really could happen?

***

The game was nothing short of a disaster with ridiculous dares. Almost an hour now, Stephen stared at the bottle spinning on the floor, accompanied by groans and claps. Piper sat opposite him beside Alisha, who hadn't spared a chance to give him the stink eye.

A few were left, including Stephen.

Not a surprise, he dreaded his turn. The dares were stupid, even including a body shot. Stephen would get the worst. At least that's what his intuition said. Piper, on the other hand, seemed to be eagerly waiting for her turn.

"Stephen, and Alisha!"

Did Stephen mention that most of his intuitions were right?

The game, unlike the typical one, had different rules. The whole group, other than the two with the bottle in their direction, got to decide the dare for people at their turn. In a way, group versus the two.

"I don't want to do anything with him!" Alisha shouted, immediately standing up from the floor, and glaring at everyone. "I won't."

"As if I want to be anyway near you," Stephen retorted, crossing his arms over his chest. He didn't get what it was that Alisha hated him. She probably judged him by his looks. Too bad it was for just a month.

"Alisha, don't be a spoilsport, darling," Alex said, then grinned. "It's an easy one. Many people would enjoy it if they were in your place."

Stephen's mind immediately went on hyper alert. By Alex's expression, Stephen knew he wouldn't enjoy whatever they had decided. The group rejoined, their voices murmurs now to keep Stephen and Alisha from hearing. His turn seemed to be taking more time. Not able to guess, he stared at Piper, watching a myriad of expressions on her face. Funny, puzzled and at the end, contorted in horror like she was about to cry.

"These people are so stupid," Alisha who stood beside him, said. "Oh, including you too."

"Including you too, Alisha."

"You ready, Stephen?" Alex shouted. He wasn't in the least, but, he wanted to wipe off the smirk from Alex's face.

"Yes, I am." He answered, keeping his fear at bay because Piper seriously looked like she was about to cry.

"Alisha, darling?" Alex directed the question to Alisha.

"Don't call me darling! And, yes, I am."

"Okay, so, the dare is..."

Natasha, not able to control herself, shouted with laughs. "You guys have to kiss each other!"

***

[A|N] - This chapter was tough to write. Not a writing block. Just not enough satisfaction to update haha. This is the best I could do so, please do comment, and I hope you give me your opinion. The update was late;( I am a bit engrossed in college work but, the updates will be regular after the end of March because I am doing Nano! My aim is to finish The Role Switch by April or May so expect fast updates.

Again, not to mention, thank you all my lovely readers, even the silent ones for showing your support <3

Dedicated to @vivacious- Your votes helped me reach 200 votes! Thank you ;)

Oh, and isn't the cliffhanger awesome :-P?