Chapter 1

Chapter 1

The first day back to school from Christmas break should be great, right? I've had a nice relaxing break, had a great night's sleep last night, took two hours to get ready to make sure I'm looking nice. Wrong.

After my dad dropped me off at the front door to Harrison High School, being the awkward, clumsy girl that I am, I slipped on a sheet of ice and fell on my butt, landing in the freezing snow. Luckily no one saw me, but it was still embarrassing. Then the first person I run into inside is my enemy, Ryan Martin. We've hated each other since seventh grade when Ryan lied and told everyone that I had lice then to get back at him, I made it look like he'd wet his pants. After that Ryan made it his duty to make my life as awful as possible, and let me tell you, he's done a fantastic job.

"Well look who it is! How was your break, Reeker?" Ryan asked me, calling me by my last name because he knows I hate it.

I rolled my eyes. "Like you care."

"Oh, princess, I totally care," Ryan said. He sounded so genuine that I would've believed him if I didn't know any better. But I did know better and I could tell he was being sarcastic.

"My break was wonderful because it was two weeks I got to be away from you," I snapped, answering his previous question.

I turned and started to walk away, but Ryan followed so he could continue to annoy me.

"Someone's in a mood today." Ryan grinned.

"No, I just don't like you," I said.

"The feeling's mutual, princess," he said, chuckling.

That's another thing, he always called me pet names like sweetie, princess, sweetheart, hun, etc. just to try to tick me off. It worked.

We reached my locker and I pulled out my world history and biology books. Ryan just stood there, leaning back against the lockers.

"What do you want, Martin?" I asked, repaying Ryan for all the times he's called me by my last name.

He shrugged. "Nothing."

"Then go away," I said as I closed my locker.

"But then I won't have anyone to annoy," Ryan whined.

"Not my problem." I walked away and luckily Ryan didn't follow.

I found my best friends, Hannah and Audrey, talking in front of Hannah's locker. I walked over to them and was immediately swept into a group hug.

"How was your break?" Hannah asked excitedly.

Hannah was, as usual, full of energy. You know how if someone eats twenty pixies sticks they get really hyper? That's how Hannah always is.

"It was great, but I really missed you two," I said, winning smiles from both of them.

"Heads up, hottie at twelve o'clock," Audrey interrupted, looking down the hallway.

I saw who she meant, Joe Krauss, easily the hottest guy in school. Him and two of his cute friends were walking down the hallway. They stopped at one of their lockers.

The easiest word to describe Joe would have to be 'perfection'. His dark brown hair was always perfectly swept to the side, his arms look like they could rip his shirt by just flexing, his emerald green eyes were hypnotizing, and his smile was enough to make a girl faint.

Hannah bobbed her head in Joe's direction indicating we should walk that way so we could pass them. Audrey and I got the message and followed Hannah down the hall. When we were only about ten feet away from Joe, my face decided it wanted to make friends with the floor. Audrey and Hannah quickly helped me up and got me out of the middle of the hallway.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?" Audrey asked me.

"Other than being completely humiliated in front of the hottest guy in school and feeling like I just cracked my skull, I'm fantastic," I answered.

I looked over to see Joe and his friends staring at me. I just looked down and held my head as if that would magically make it feel like it wasn't going to explode.

"Could you be any more of a klutz?" I heard a girl ask.

I recognized that voice. I looked up to see Abbie Garcia standing in front of me with her trio of Barbie doll minions.

Abbie was the mean girl of the school therefore she picked on everyone. You'd think she'd pick on everyone equally right? Wrong. I'm pretty sure she tortured me twice as much as everyone else. Abbie had always hated my guts for some reason. I'd never understood why.

"I-I tripped," I stuttered, obviously unable to think of anything more intelligent to say.

I glanced over at Joe then back to Abbie. She followed my line of sight and grinned.

"I noticed, and it looks like Joe did too." Abbie smirked.

Abbie stepped up so close to me that our noses almost touched.

She whispered in my ear, "A guy like him would never want a girl like you. You don't have a chance with him so back off before you get hurt, okay?" She looked me in the eye before walking over to Joe, leaving me standing there like the loser I was.

The sad part: this was a normal day for me.

A/N: hey guys! This is my first story so I hope you all like it! I reserve all rights to this story. Sorry it's so short but I'll make the chapters longer. Please vote/comment/share! (: