Chapter 33

Chapter 33

A month after Cameron had woken up and after he'd had few surgeries, the doctors said that he was looking great and would be fine.

We were all throwing Cameron a surprise welcome home party on his first day back home since the accident. Hannah blew up the balloons, me and Ryan hung up the decorations, my mom baked a cake, while my dad picked Cameron up from the hospital.

"They're here!" we heard my mom shout from the kitchen.

"Hurry up, guys!" I whisper shouted to Ryan and Hannah.

Hannah finished blowing up the last balloon then my mom came running into the living room and we all hid behind furniture. I heard the door slam shut.

"He's home!" my dad shouted from the kitchen.

We waited until Cameron entered the living room then we all jumped up and yelled, "Surprise!"

Cameron broke into a huge smile, "Oh my gosh! You guys are the best!"

I gave him a hug, "It's so good to have too back home."

"It's really good to be home," Cameron grinned.

Cameron's welcome home party lasted the rest of the night. We had cake, talked for hours, then wrapped up the night by watching Disney movies.

I cuddled with Ryan while we watched the movies. It was nice. Everything felt right. Me and Ryan were finally together, Cameron was safe and home, everyone was happy. Everything was so perfect, I couldn't help but smile.

-----------------

After school the next day, I hung out with Hannah and Ryan by the front doors like usual. Hannah and Ryan were arguing about which football team was the best or something. They were amusing, but I barely paid attention. I was too busy getting lost in Ryan's eyes.

I stared up at my boyfriend in awe. He laughed at something Hannah said. His laugh made me happy. His smile brought a smile to my face. I loved watching the way his eyes sparkled. I loved seeing to twinkle he got in them when he talked about something he loved.

Ryan glanced down and saw me staring at him. He grinned then winked at me and continued talking to Hannah like nothing had happened.

It was funny how all he had to do to take my breath away was wink at me. He could do something so simple such as that yet it still stopped my heart in a second. After a month of being together I still fell in love with Ryan all over again every single day.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard someone behind me say, "Lexi? Can I talk to you?"

I turned around to see Audrey standing there. I realized I'd barely talked to her since we all got back from Christmas break. I suddenly felt bad.

I smiled brightly, "Hey there, Audrey. Sure. What's up?"

Audrey glanced at Hannah and Ryan, who'd stopped talking when she'd come over, then looked back at me, "Could I maybe talk to you alone?"

This can't possibly be good.

"Sure," I said somewhat nervously.

Audrey led me away from Hannah and Ryan then said, "So you know Tyler, the new guy, right?"

I nodded.

"You're with Ryan, right?"

I eyed her skeptically, but nodded again.

What was this about?

Audrey took a deep breath, "But weren't you and Tyler together before you and Ryan started dating?"