Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I wake up Saturday morning to something bouncing my bed. I shoved my face into my soft pillow, trying to ignore whoever was trying to wake me up. Then the person starts tickling me.

"Stop!" I shriek as I fly out of my bed.

Then I see who woke me from my peaceful sleep. I narrow my eyes at Hannah who's sitting on my bed, looking quite pleased with herself.

"What are you doing?" I whined, flopping back down on my bed.

"Ryan called me and asked if we wanted to go to the river today. I said yes, of course. He said that he tried to call you, but you didn't answer," Hannah explained.

I checked my phone and sure enough, there were two missed calls from Ryan. I must've had my phone on silent. Oopsies.

"Put on a swim suit. Hurry up. Ryan's going to be here soon," Hannah said, winking at me before heading back downstairs.

I groaned then rolled myself out of bed. I donned a pink and blue polka dotted two piece. Then I found a cute tank top and pair of shorts to wear over the swim suit, and slid on my flip flops. I quickly brushed through my long hair, and brushed my teeth. I skipped the makeup since it would just wash off in the water.

I bounced my way down the stairs, and found Hannah in the kitchen talking to my mom.

"Ready," I told Hannah.

"Hanging our with Ryan today, huh, Lexi?" my mom tried to suppress her smile by taking a sip of her coffee.

"I've got nothing better to do so yes, I am," I rolled my eyes.

Hannah and Mom exchanged a glance then Hannah said, "Well, we should go. Ryan's on his way over here."

"Have fun and be careful, girls," my mom called to us as we reached the front door.

"We will," I shouted back to her, already half way out the door.

"Hey, there's Ryan," Hannah pointed to the truck driving toward the house.

Hannah frantically waved at him then hopped over to the driveway. She was obviously reaally excited about today. That makes of us. I mentally groaned as Ryan pulled into the drive.

"Come on, Lex! Let's go," Hannah shouted at me.

We slid into the front seat of the truck. And, of course, Hannah had to let me go in first so that I was sitting next to Ryan again. We drove in silence the entire way to the forest where the river was at. Ryan parked his truck in the field at the edge of the trees.

"Let's go, ladies," Ryan said as he disappeared into the forest.

Me and Hannah quickly caught up to him and Hannah's excitement was replaced with fear. She's been my best friend for years and I never knew she was afraid of the woods. It was kind of amusing to watch. Every tiny noise would freak her out. She broke a stick by stepping on it and almost gave herself a heart attack. Me and Ryan had almost died of laughter, but Hannah didn't find her "near death experience", as she had said it, funny.

"Ah!" Hannah screamed at the top of her lungs when a small piece of a tree branch fell on her head.

Once she realized that it was just a squirrel that broke the branch off, me and Ryan started laughing again. Hannah had glared at us, but we were laughing too hard to care.

"Here we are," Ryan gestured toward the calm, slow flowing river.

"Yay!" Hannah giggled.

She started to strip off the clothes she'd worn over her swim suit, and I did the same.