Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Tyler and Ryan didn't say a word to me Tuesday or Wednesday. Even though me and Tyler sit next to each other in second and third period, he pretended I wasn't there.

It wasn't until Thursday before third period began that Tyler talked to me. He slid into his desk next to mine and leaned over to me.

"So?" was all he said.

"What?" I asked, confused and also shocked he was talking to me.

"Ryan," he said as if that explained everything.

"What about him?"

He looked at his feet for a moment before meeting my eyes, "Do you like him?"

I hesitated a moment, looking down at my hands.

I was about to answer when Tyler nodded and said, "That's what I thought."

"I didn't even answer!"

Tyler gave me a sad smile, "Your hesitation was answer enough."

-------------------

At lunch that day I decided I was going to try to talk to Ryan. I wasn't completely sure what I was going to say, but I knew I was going to say something.

I found Ryan sitting at a table with some of his guy friends. I watched as the others all laughed at something he'd said. Ryan caught my eye and his smile immediately vanished. I knew then what I would say to him.

I tried to keep my voice calm and level as I reached the table and asked, "Ryan, could I please talk to you alone for a minute?"

Ryan didn't even actually say anything. He just glanced at his friends then stood up. I led him far enough away so that no one would hear our conversation.

"Why are you mad at me?" I asked hotly.

I was angry at him. I wasn't sure if I even had a good reason to be, but I was.

He shrugged which only made me angrier, "I'm not."

I scoffed, "Oh, please. You've been ignoring me this whole week!"

"No, I haven't. Sorry, but my world doesn't revolve around you, Reeker. I do have a life outside of you," Ryan snapped.

I glared at him, "What is your problem?"

He shrugged again, "I don't have a problem."

He was infuriating me. Why was he being such a jerk?

I laughed humorlessly, "And here I actually thought you weren't a jerk. Guess I was wrong. You're still the same jerk you've always been."

"And you're still just a spoiled brat who can't decide what she wants," Ryan fired back.

So this was all about me not being able to choose between Ryan and Tyler? They were both acting so immature.

I clenched my teeth together so hard it hurt. My hands were balled up into fists. I had to force myself to walk away before I said something I knew I'd regret. I stomped back to my table where Hannah had been intently watching me and Ryan.

"Let me guess? It didn't go so well?" Hannah said after I'd sat down across from her.

I glanced at Ryan who'd already rejoined his friends then looked back at Hannah, "He never changed. He's still the immature jerk he's always been."

A/N: Hey y'all! Everyone still like Ryan???? What do you guys think of the book so far? Please let me know! Also, I'm going to be starting another book soon. It's going to be really good so I encourage all of you to read it whenever I begin to post it! Thanks for reading! Love y'all <3
Comment/vote/share