Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"I'm so excited! What should we ride first?"

Ryan chuckled, "Whatever you want to ride, Hannah."

We had only been inside Cedar Point for ten minutes and Hannah was already bouncing off the walls. I hadn't seen her that excited since we'd gotten to pet a live baby tiger at the zoo last year.

"Oh my gosh, can we please ride the Gate Keeper first? That's the newest one and everyone has told me how amazing it is," Hannah asked, hopping up and down.

"Sure, Han," I grinned.

"Yay!" Hannah giggled then grabbed mine and Ryan's hands and pulled us toward the ride.

Me and Ryan exchanged amused looks then followed Hannah as she dragged us toward the Gate Keeper. We thought she was hyper before, but once we got in line she started going crazy and we couldn't shut her up.

"I bet this ride is great. Everyone told me it's great. I'm so excited. But I'm kind of scared too. Are you two scared, too? I'm getting really nervous. Will someone hold my hand? I'm going to need someone's hand to squeeze since this is the first ride. Lexi, will you hold my hand? Thanks. I'm probably going to scream a lot. Did you guys know that roller coasters are less scary if you scream? I wonder if it's true. I read it online somewhere I think. Wait! We can't go on the ride yet! I need to pee!"

Me and Ryan almost died laughing as Hannah kept freaking out.

"Han, it's going to be okay. Calm down," I reassured her once my laughter subsided.

Hannah didn't say another word the whole time we waited in line.

"Are you scared, Lexi?" Ryan teased me.

"Ha-ha. Very funny. No, I'm not scared. Are you? I could hold your hand if you're that scared," I shot back.

"No thanks, princess. I think I'll survive."

"I hope you don't," I mumbled under my breath.

"What was that?" Ryan asked sweetly.

"Nothing," I stuck my tongue out at him.

He flicked me in the nose.

"Hey!" I whined.

"You two, act your age," Hannah chided.

"Yes, Mom," me and Ryan said in unison.

Hannah rolled her eyes then returned to worrying over the ride.

After another twenty minutes of me and Ryan arguing over everything, we finally reached the ride. By this time, Hannah looked like she was about to cry or pass out or maybe both.

"Hannah, how long has it been since you rode a roller coaster?" Ryan asked her with a smirk.

"Four years," Hannah choked out.

"How many?" a park worker asked us.

"Three," I answered her.

She told us where to stand and we obeyed.

"I can't wait," I said, suddenly excited.

"Me too. Are you excited, Hannah?" Ryan teased her.

"Oh, shut up, Ryan," Hannah glared at him.

She almost started hyperventilating when the cars pulled up. They were yellow, and each car was split into two sides with two seats on each side. Hannah started freaking out even more once she noticed it was split.