Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock screaming at me to wake up and get ready for another day of school. I got up and began my daily morning routine: eat breakfast, brush my teeth, get dressed, do my hair, and do my makeup.

I walked outside into the freezing cold to find my dad in the car waiting for me. After he dropped me off at the school he told me to have a good day. Didn't he know that it was basically impossible for me to have a good day at school?

My locker was my first stop when I arrived at school. I saw Hannah and Audrey waiting there for me.

"Hey girls." I smiled.

"Hey, Lexi," the two girls said in unison.

I watched their smiles quickly turn into frowns. They were looking at someone behind me and, judging by their faces, I probably didn't want to know who it was. I slowly turned around to see Ryan standing there.

"Hey, Reeker," Ryan said as he "patted" me on the back. More like he tried to hit me as hard as he could, almost knocking me over.

"Go away, Ryan," I said as I opened my locker. I threw my book bag inside and turned around, disappointed to see Ryan still standing there.

"Just ignore him and he'll go away," I told Hannah and Audrey as I began to walk away. The girls followed me down the hallway, but sadly, so did Ryan.

"You wish," Ryan smirked.

"No, I wish that you'd just disappear completely," I said.

"You need to loosen up and learn how to laugh, Reeker," Ryan said.

Next thing I knew, I was face down on the floor(again) and Ryan was laughing. The jerk had tripped me! And he had totally embarrassed me. People were laughing at me and a few were even taking pictures. Fury burned inside me like a fire. Before I knew it, I was off the ground and in Ryan's face.

"When are you going to grow up and act your age, Ryan? You're so annoying and immature, and I'm sick of it! I hate you!" I yelled at him. I didn't care if I was making myself look even more ridiculous in front of everyone. It felt good to yell at Ryan. The guy deserved it.

Ryan just smirked. "Yeah, I hate you too, princess."

The warning bell rang and everyone scattered, hurrying to get to their first period class. Ryan just calmly walked away chuckling. Hannah and Audrey quickly calmed me down and we all headed to our first period classes.

School seemed to last forever until finally the lunch bell rang. Hannah and I had "A" lunch together so I met her at the cafeteria doors and we went to stand in line together.

"Ooh, someone's checking you out," Hannah said sarcastically.

I followed her line of sight and saw Ryan staring at us.  Why couldn't he just leave me alone? Then, of course, he got up from his table to stand behind us in line. Hannah and I tried to ignore him, but obviously he felt the need to make his presence known because he would keep poking me until I turned around then he'd act like he didn't do it. It was ridiculous how a sixteen year old could act so much like a six year old.

"What do you want, Martin?" I asked Ryan, my hatred for him clear in my voice.

He just shrugged.

"Then stop touching me."

"I didn't touch you. I don't know what you're talking about," Ryan said.

"Whatever," I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

He just stuck his tongue out at me, and I stuck mine out in return. Once Hannah and I got our lunch, we found an empty table to sit at. Hannah must have been starving because she bit into her hamburger like she hadn't eaten in weeks.

"You know," Hannah said with a mouthful, "Even though he's a jerk, you gotta admit he's pretty hot."

"Who?" I asked.

She swallowed. "Ryan. I know you two hate each other and all, but you can't tell me you don't think he's attractive."

I looked over at Ryan across the cafeteria. I mean, he was a pretty good looking guy I guess, but my hatred towards him made me see him differently. Everyone sees his good looks on the outside, but I know how ugly he is on the inside.

A/N: hey everyone! Sorry this chapter is short, but I didn't have a lot of time to write today and I wanted to get this chapter out by the end of today. I hope you all enjoy it! Please vote/comment/share! Thanks! (: