Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Alexis Reeker! Get your butt out of bed! It's a quarter past seven! You're going to be late!" my mom yelled as she stormed into my room.

It couldn't be...

I glanced at my clock and saw that it read "7:16 a.m.". No way. How'd I sleep in so late? Man, I hate Mondays.

"No! I totally forgot to set my alarm last night!" I shrieked as I threw myself out of bed.

My mom left the room, looking quite pleased with herself, and didn't even bother asking if she could do something to help so I wasn't late. Thanks, Mom. Mother of the year award goes to *drum roll*............definitely not my mom!

I threw on a pair of skinny jeans, a cute Hollister shirt, along with my converse. I quickly pulled my hair back into what I hoped was a decent looking ponytail then lightly dusted on some makeup. After one last glance in the mirror, I decided that I looked good enough.

Since breakfast was definitely out of the question, I brushed my teeth, grabbed my bag, and then rushed outside to meet my dad at the car.

It was seven forty-two when I arrived at school. I still had plenty of time to find Hannah before the bell rang. I wasn't that worried about finding Audrey.

Audrey was one of my best friends, but Hannah was my top of the line best friend and basically like my sister. I've been best friends with her since we were like six.

"Hannah!" I shouted down the hall when I saw her at her locker.

"Lexi!" she saw me and smiled.

"What took you so long to get here? I've been looking for you," Hannah said as she took her book bag out of her locker.

"Slept in," I explained.

"Again?" she chuckled as she slammed her locker shut.

"Again."

We walked down the hallway together, talking about random stuff. I wasn't looking where I was going so I accidentally ran right into someone. We collided and fell to the floor.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't-" I cut myself off as I saw who I'd run into. Ryan. Great.

"Keep going, princess. You were at the part where you apologized to me," Ryan smirked.

"Shut up," I glared at him.

Ryan pulled himself to his feet then held out a hand for me. I smacked it away.

"No thanks, Martin. I can stand up without your help," I said, standing up next to him.

"Can you believe her?" Ryan asked the two guys he'd even walking with. "I try to be nice and help her up, but she's just being a jerk to me. Unbelievable."

He put a hand over his heart in mock pain. His two friends laughed.

I just rolled my eyes and walked away, knowing Hannah would follow.

I heard Ryan yell after me, "See ya later, princess!"

-----------------

The day was normal and uneventful until fifth period English. I of course dat by Ryan because I guess the universe just hates me that much. But anyways, the entire period Ryan was annoying me. He was throwing pieces of paper at me, tapping his pencil on his desk, passing me notes that I didn't even bother to read before I threw them away.

When lunch bell finally rang, I bolted out of the classroom and into the hallway. I thought I'd got away from Ryan but nope, he followed me.

"Hey, princess," he winked at me.