Chapter 20

Chapter 20

"Lexi!" I turned to see Hannah scurrying toward me, looking worried.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to Tyler, "Oh, great."

"What?" Tyler asked.

"Nothing. Let's walk this way," I grabbed his arm and pulled him along.

Tyler walked with me but gave me a concerned look, "Lexi, why are you avoiding Hannah?"

"I'm not," I shrugged as I sped up my pace.

"Yes you are," Tyler argued.

I was about to say something, but Hannah grabbed my arm, "Lexi!"

"What, Hannah?" I asked flatly.

"Can I please talk to you?" Hannah pleaded.

"Why?"

"Cameron talked to me. I need to talk to you, Lexi."

I thought about it for a moment. I was mad at her and didn't want to talk to her. But Cameron had talked to her.

"Fine," I told Hannah. "Tyler, go back to the dance and I'll meet you there in ten minutes."

He eyed us cautiously before finally nodding, "Okay. I'll see you soon."

He left us and I turned to Hannah, waiting for what she had to say.

Hannah blew out a long breath, "Okay. Cameron talked to me about everything and I wanted to say that I'm so sorry. I was being stupid before. If you want to be with Ryan, great. But if you want to be with Tyler then I'll still support you. I'm going to support you with whatever you do and help you as much as I can because that's what best friends do."

I smiled and pulled her into a hug, "Thank you, Hannah."

"I really am sorry. I just really wanted you and Ryan to be together. But now I just you to be happy," Hannah pulled away from me.

"That means a lot," I grinned.

Hannah smiled and locked our arms together, "Now, lets go find Ryan."

I rose an eyebrow at her.

Her eyes widened, "O-or Tyler."

I nodded, "I told him I'd meet him. Besides, I doubt Ryan wants to see me right now. He's apparently not too happy with me."

"He'll get over it," Hannah said as we walked back to the dance hallway.

I smiled over at her, "There's my best friend. On my side instead of Ryan's."

Hannah chuckled nervously, "Yeah. I'm really sorry about that, Lex."

I shrugged, "It's okay. I forgive you. You're still the best friend ever."

We found Tyler talking to Cameron.

Me and Hannah exchanged concerned looks.

"Uh-oh," Hannah said.

"Cameron wasn't suppose to talk to Tyler," I said.

I walked the rest of the way over to them, pulling Hannah with me, "Hey, Tyler. Hey, Cam."

"Hey, Lexi," Cameron smiled then went back to talking to Tyler.

I let out a breath I hadn't been aware I was holding. They were talking about trucks. Nothing to do with me. Good.

"Hey, Cam, mind if I steal Tyler from you?" I said, placing a hand on Tyler's arm.

"Oh! Sure, no problem. I should probably find Jessica anyway. See ya, Tyler. I'll see you in two hours, Lexi, " Cameron waved bye to us then disappeared back into the gym.