Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"Mom, I can't get this stupid dress on!" I whined.

The zipper was currently stuck. I had one earring in. Oh, and I'd already fell over four times because of my stupid heels. The good news is that my hair and makeup looked pretty fantastic.

Mom entered my room and laughed, "Oh, hang on, Lexi."

She came over and zipped my dress up in the back. She then put on my necklace as I put in my other earring.

"Hurry up, Lexi! I have to pick Jessica up in fifteen minutes!" Cameron yelled to me from his room.

"I'm almost ready!" I yelled back.

My mom sprayed some really good smelling perfume all over me. I readjusted the straps on my heels. After one last glance in the mirror and the approval of my mom, I decided I was ready and headed downstairs.

Dad and Cameron were already down there waiting for us.

"Oh, sweetheart, you look beautiful," my dad smiled and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Thanks, Daddy."

Cameron's impatience from earlier had disappeared, "Wow. You're stunning, Lex."

I blushed, "Thanks, Cam. Let's get the pictures done already so that Cameron can get to his date."

"Oh, right," my dad grabbed the camera.

We spent the next ten minutes taking pictures. By the time we were done, Cameron was tapping his foot and checking his watch every minute.

"Can we go now?" he asked, irritated.

I nodded, "Yes. Bye, Mom. Bye, Dad. Love you guys."

They each have me and Cameron a hug before we left.

"Bye, kids. Have fun," Mom said as we exited through the back door.

Cameron hopped in the driver's seat of his blue car, and I sat in the back. It only took us five minutes to arrive at his date's house. He ran up to the front door and rang the bell. Some blonde chick answered and hugged Cameron. Apparently that was Jessica. She closed the door and allowed Cameron to lead her to the car.

My brother opened the passenger door for her. It wasn't until they were both in that Jessica noticed me sitting in the back.

She scowled at me, "Who the heck is that? And what is she wearing?"

She scoffed, rolled her eyes at me, and then waited for an answer from Cameron. He did not look happy that she'd said that about me, but I was even more unhappy about it. This chick needed slapped.

I cut Cameron off before he could answer, "Hi, I'm the girl that can get rid of any other girl that I don't want around my brother. So, perhaps you should be a little nicer to me since I can get rid of you within five seconds flat. Watch yourself, chick, because you ain't off to such a great start."

Her eyes were wide by the time I'd finished and her face was bright red. I glanced at Cameron and saw that he was grinning and trying not to break down laughing.

"Brother? Oh my- Wow. Um. Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry. You must be Lexi. Oh wow. I'm sorry. I didn't know you were- I don't know what came over me. I'm sorry. Your dress is beautiful by the way," Jessica babbled nervously.

"I know. Your's isn't though. Next time you might want to think about buying a dress that fits," I glared at her.

She blushed even more then turned back around to face the front of the car.