Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I was grateful that school went by quickly. Although Fridays usually did go by fast. I'd talked to Tyler the entire second and third period, but payed more attention to Ryan at lunch. He'd seemed back to normal unlike yesterday when he was quieter.

"Hey, Lex! Wait up!" I heard Hannah yell behind me as I was heading toward the front door.

"Hey, Han," I said.

"So I was thinking that you, me, Kyle and Ryan should all go on a double date tonight," Hannah said eagerly.

I was about to agree when I spotted Tyler walking toward us. He smiled and waved and I copied.

"Hey, ladies," Tyler said once he reached us.

"Hey, Ty," I grinned.

"Yeah, hi, Tyler," Hannah said blandly. She turned back to me. "So? How about it?"

"Oh, uh... I can't. I have way too much homework," I lied.

Her face fell, "Oh. Alright. Some other time I guess."

"Yeah. Some other time. Sorry," I smiled apologetically.

"It's okay. Well, I'm going to go find Kyle. Bye, Lexi. See ya, Tyler," Hannah said before scurrying off down the hall.

"What was that about?" Tyler asked curiously.

"Nothing," I waved a dismissive hand.

He did that laugh/exhale thing again, "Alright. Well, I've got to get home to do chores. Need a ride?"

"Nah, I'm good. But thank you," I smiled.

"No problem. See you at the dance tomorrow," Tyler smiled ad he backed away.

"Yeah, and I've got to save you a dance," I smirked.

"You know it!"

I laughed, "Bye, Tyler."

"Bye, Lexi," he winked then disappeared around the corner.

I began my walk home in the boiling heat. It only took me five minutes to arrive at my house, but the sun made it feel like an hour.

"Hey, Lex," Cameron said when I got home. "I was looking for you right after school to give you a ride home, but didn't know where you were."

I glared at him, "You could've called my cell phone."

He shrugged and plopped on the couch, "Didn't think about it."

"It's okay. You can drive me to the dance tomorrow instead," I smirked.

"What? No! I have a date to take," he argued.

"Too bad. You can take me with you. I'm not walking three blocks in a dress and heels."

"Mom! Tell your daughter that I'm not taking her to the dance tomorrow!" Cameron yelled to Mom in the kitchen.

"Cameron, your sister needs a ride to the dance which is only three blocks away! Suck it up and be a good big brother for once!" Mom shouted back to him.

Cameron muttered under his breath then said, "Fine. I'll take you. But you're sitting in back."

I smiled triumphantly then took my book bag up to my room. I attempted my English homework for half an hour before deciding I had no idea what I was doing. I closed my books and laid back on my bed, letting out a long sigh.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I picked up my cell phone to see I had a text from Hannah.

So do u still like Ryan or did Tyler change that?