Chapter 24

Chapter 24

The boys ignored me the rest of the week. And I honestly couldn't blame them. I knew I couldn't keep leading both of them on. They had every reason to be mad. Especially Ryan.

I was surprised when Tyler called me on Friday afternoon and asked if I wanted to go to a bonfire with him Saturday night at Justin Harris' house. I instantly said yes. Hannah had been with me when he'd called so she, of course, immediately went into full girly mode. She had to decide how to do my makeup and what outfit I'd wear. I, like usual, had no say in any of it.

"Han, will you please come too? I'd feel more comfortable if you were there," I said shyly as Hannah was rummaging through my closet.

I'd never been invited to anything like this before.

"I wasn't invited," she said simply.

I quickly texted Tyler to ask if Hannah could come to. He took a while to reply, but ended up saying yes.

"Tyler said you're invited too. Now will you come?" I pleaded.

Hannah sighed like it'd be a big chore for her, but I knew she wanted to go, "Fine, fine. I'll go with you."

I smiled and said sweetly, "Thank you, Hannah. You're the best."

"I know," she winked at me.

Hannah threw clothes at me, "Here. Try this outfit on so I can see what it looks like."

"Yes, ma'am," I have her a mock salute before heading to the bathroom to change.

I returned to my room with the outfit on, and Hannah smiled triumphantly.

"Cute! That's perfect for tomorrow," Hannah said with a nod of approval.

I looked at her like she was crazy and said, "Are you kidding me? These shorts are way too short. I'm not wearing these."

The tank too Hannah had chosen was really cute, but the shorts were like an inch too short. I felt like a hooker. I didn't even know I owned those shorts.

Hannah waved a dismissive hand, "They're fine. You look cute."

I rolled my eyes at her and grabbed my favorite pair of shorts from my closet, "I'm not wearing these."

"Lexi!" Hannah whined.

"Modest is hottest," I sang as I headed for the bathroom.

I returned to Hannah in my appropriate shorts. Now I looked decent, no thanks to Hannah.

I spun in a circle in front of Hannah, "Look good?"

She sighed, "Yeah, I guess."

"Good," I returned to the bathroom and changed back into the clothes I had on before.

"What're you going to wear?" I asked Hannah as I laid the clothes I was wearing to the bonfire on top of my dresser.

"I'm not sure. You can come over tomorrow and help me pick something out before the bonfire, yeah?"

I nodded, "Sure. I know just the outfit you should wear."

Me and Hannah knew practically every piece of clothing the other had in her closet.

"Perfect," Hannah smiled. "So is Tyler still mad at you? I mean, he did invite you to Justin's bonfire."

"Yeah, I know. I'm not sure. I'm still confused about everything," I said honestly.

I was more confused than ever actually.

------------------

"Lexi, Hannah, you two are going to be late for Justin's bonfire if you don't hurry up!" Cameron yelled to us from downstairs.