Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Hannah sat on my bed, grinning giddily. She could act somewhat mature at school, but when it came to sleepovers she was about the equivalent of a five year old. Sitting in her polkadot pajamas and her pigtails, she looked like a five year old too.

Hannah squealed with excitement, "So what are we gonna do first? Watch a movie, play a game, do our hair, do each other's nails-"

"We can do whatever you want to do," I interrupted, chuckling at how excited she was.

I had never met anyone who loved sleepovers as much as Hannah. She would spend the night at my house every Friday night.

I watched her in silence. I could tell she was thinking so I patiently awaited her answer.

"BOYS!" Hannah suddenly shouted, causing me to jump.

"You want to talk about boys?" Hannah nodded. I grinned. "Now why does that not surprise me?"

Hannah loved talking about boys and romance and dating and all that stuff. I didn't really care about boys all that much, but this girl was obsessed with them.

She scooted closer to me, smiling like an idiot. "So I've been texting this guy, Kyle, for a couple weeks now and I really like him. I think he might like me too."

"Kyle Wensink?" I asked.

She nodded and started to giggle.

"I know him. We have history and Spanish together. I could find out if he likes you if you want," I suggested.

"Really? You're the best!" she shrieked as she hugged me.

I smiled at her. "I'll mention you to him in class on Monday."

Our conversation was interrupted by my cell phone ringing. I looked at the caller ID: Jerkface.

Yeah, I have him in my phone as Jerkface. It's suits him nicely. I only had his number because he texted me so frequently. He never texted about anything important; I usually just ignored his texts.

I scowled at the phone. I let out a long sigh before answering.

"What do you want?" I asked coldly.

"Aren't you just a little ray of sunshine?" Ryan's irritating voice came through the other end of the phone.

"What do you want?" I repeated.

"I'm bored and didn't have anyone better to talk to so I called you," Ryan answered casually.

I narrowed my eyes at him even though I knew he couldn't see me. I hated this guy with such a passion I couldn't even explain it.

"Go bother someone else. I'm not your friend so it's not my job to entertain you," I said before I hung up the phone.

I threw my phone back on my dresser before flopping onto my bed next to Hannah.

"Ryan?" she asked knowingly.

I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"He's so cute. It's a shame he's a total jerk," she said.

"He is so not cute," I said, disgusted.

"How can you say that? You're like the only girl in school who doesn't think he's totally gorgeous!"

I ignored her and changed the subject. "What do you want to do?"

"What time is it?"

I looked at the clock on my nightstand. "It's 4:38."