Chapter 16

Chapter 16

School on Wednesday morning was just as normal and boring as any other day. I met Hannah by her locker before first period and she kept going on an on about her date with Kyle Saturday.

"And guess what," Hannah said, unable to contain a big, toothy, smile.

"What?" I asked, humoring her.

"He asked me to be his girlfriend!" she squealed.

"He did?!" I shrieked as me and Hannah began to jump up and down like little girls.

I tackled Hannah in a hug, "Congrats, Han! It took him long enough to ask. Im so happy for you!"

Hannah pulled away from our Hugo still beaming, "Thanks, Lex. Now if only Ryan would ask you out, we could all double date."

I chuckled, "That's not going to happen."

"You don't know that. I can tell that he likes you. It's only a matter of time before he finally gets brave enough to ask you out," Hannah said.

"Whatever you say, Hannah."

"And if you wouldn't have insisted on going stag to the dance this weekend then maybe he would've asked you to that," Hannah pointed out.

"Yeah, that was a dumb move on my part," I grimaced at my stupidity.

I said goodbye to Hannah and entered the boring world of history. I slept through most of the class so it was over fast.

When I got to second period, I noticed someone was sitting in the desk next to mine. That desk has been empty the entire rest of the year. As I walked to the front of the classroom to reach my desk, I got a view of the guy from the from. I literally stopped walking. This guy was drop dead gorgeous. I quickly shook it off and continued walking when he looked up and smiled at me.

I tried to avoid eye contact as I sat in my seat. Who was this guy? And why was I so lucky to get to sit by him?

"Hey," I heard a deep, dreamy voice say next to me.

I looked to my right and saw the cute guy smiling and holding out his hand.

Wow, his smile is perfect, I thought.

"Oh, hey," I smiled nervously and shook his hand.

'Oh, hey'? That's the most intelligent thing I could think to say? Real smooth, Me. Keep it up.

"I'm Tyler Sauber. I just moved here from Michigan," he told me with another dazzling smile.

"Oh, I thought you looked new. I'm Alexis Reeker. You can just call me Lexi though," I smiled sweetly.

"Lexi," he said as if he was seeing how my name sounded on his lips. "Cute. I like it."

I blushed, "Thanks. I guess it's not too bad."

"Pretty name for a pretty girl," Tyler grinned.

Before I could blush or embarrass myself any more, our teacher came in and class began.

I glanced at Tyler who winked at me then turned his attention to the teacher at the front of the classroom. I forced my eyes away from him and to the teacher.

"Okay, everyone, before we start I wanted to introduce your new classmate." The teacher gestured to Tyler. "Tyler Sauber just moved here from Michigan and I expect every single one of you to be nice to him and make him feel welcome and at home. Am I clear?"

Kids in class shook their heads and some mumbled a "yes".

I glanced at Tyler again and found him smirking at me. I thought about saying something but thought better of it. Instead I slightly smiled then took out a notebook and started doodling.