Chapter - 4

Noah's P.O.V.

Seven days have passed and from past seven days, I'm thinking of meeting Eva. I don't know but whenever I went for jogging and her building came in my sight, I felt an urge to see her. I don't want to talk to her or anything but I can't just get her sad face out of my mind. I mean what could've happened that a girl who always chirped got all sad and formal all of a sudden.

She even called me Noah!!

But then she's still a stranger to me and I shouldn't be thinking this much about her. Stop gnawing Noah for some unknown person.

I came back home from the jogging and left for my office. Today I felt an unusual feeling inside as if something is not correct. Something is going wrong and paying attention to my heart's feeling I called my sister Jessica.

"Hey big bro", she picked up my mobile in just two rings.

"Hello. How's my little angel doing?", I asked.

"C'mon Noah. I'm sixteen now, stop calling me that", she whined like a baby.

"But you're still a baby for me", I asked.

"Yes, and what you're. My twenty-six-year-old dad?", She said and I shook my head in amusement.

"How's dad?", I asked.

"Daddy is fine and mom is also good. She keeps talking about you", Jess said.

"I didn't ask about your mom", I said.

"She's your mom too brother. When would you accept her?", She asked.

"I've to go now. I'm in my office. I'll come this weekend to meet you", I said.

"Ok, I'll tell mom", she said happily and hang up. I sighed and placed my mobile on my table.

June Calvin, my stepmom and Jessica's biological mother. She came into our lives when my mom died. She's my stepmom and I don't like her, although she behaved nicely with me but she's not my real mom and she had caused a gap between me and my father.

The time my dad used to give me were replaced by her and her care. She always remains ill and is a very careless lady about her health. People say that stepmom can never love you like your real mom and she's not the different case but the only happiness she gave me is Jessica.

I don't hate her but I can't give her the place of my mom. She's a lady whom my dad had married and I respect her but I can't accept her as my mom.

Brushing all thoughts aside J focused on my work again. My assistant Mrs Haldie came into my cabin with a letter in her hand.

"What's the matter Mrs Haldie", I asked looking above my laptop.

"Uh, sir I want to tell you something", she said.

"Yes, I'm listening", I said still typing on my laptop.

"I'm resigning", she said making me stop all of a sudden. I looked up and she gave me the letter and said,"Here's my resignation".

"But why do you want to quit the job?", I asked taking the letter from her.

"My husband had got this great job in America and we've to leave next week so I'm resigning. I'll come one more week in this office", she said.

"Ok Mrs Haldie, I understand. I hope that you will have a nice time in America and please give us the opportunity to give a farewell party for you", I said and she smiled.