Chapter - 12

Noah's P.O.V.

Eva came and sat down in front of me and smiled at me. I saw Kyle drooling over her completely and Aria giving him a disappointed look. We ate our dinner in silence and only people who were talking were Kyle to Eva and Aria to Kyle. I remained silent because this is what we call table manners. I'm very particular about mannerism and professionalism and that's why people usually tag me as boring.

"Eva, you tell me something about what are you going to do in America?", Kyle asked.

"I'll live there", she gave a normal answer.

"And what would you do for a living?", Aria asked.

"I'll try for getting a job before shifting and therefore I had applied some forms also", she said.

"You can join in my company, I would love to hire you", Kyle offered.

"No thanks. I don't take anything for free", she said.

"But I'll give you the job after interviewing you, I'm not doing any favour", Kyle pressurised.

She sighed and said, "Seriously thanks but I said NO, don't you understand?". I was surprised by her sudden mood change. What happened to her? She never raises her voice at least to someone who is nice to her.

How do you know? You barely know her, my mind said.

Yeah, shut up buddy!! My immersed advice to me.

"I was trying to help you", Kyle said and I sensed him feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Thanks, Kyle but trust me, I can take care of myself", Eva said holding his hand and he grinned like a fool. My eyes fixed to their hands only, I felt the urge to remove them away. Gosh, what the hell is wrong with me?

After dinner, I retired with Aria and Eva left with Kyle. I was in deep thoughts only because I was thinking about Eva only.

"Noah", Aria's voice brings me out of trance.

"Yeah?", I asked.

"Do you think that Eva is a right girl for Kyle?", She asked and I glanced at her for a second.

"I don't know", I said.

"Really? Ain't you the one who was praising her so much today?", She said.

"I know but if talking about Kyle then I don't think she's perfect for him. She's too simple for someone like Kyle", I said.

"I think same. I just want to do something to make Kyle stop falling for her", Aria said.

"You can't rule anyone's heart Aria. It's his emotions and his likes and if his heart had chosen Eva then we can't do anything in it", I said.

"It's so easy for you to be so practical, ain't it is?", She asked.

"What do you mean?", I asked stopping the car outside her home.

"Nothing", she said.

"No, I wanna listen", I said.

"Noah, you're really way too practical. I mean I understand you and I respect you but I'm a girl and I've some feelings also. I also want you to give me surprise sometimes and make me feel special. I also want that you fight for us and make me feel wanted and loved. I want to feel like home when I'm with you", she said.

"But we don't fight ever Aria", I said.

"Yes because you're not concerned a bit. You give me way too space", she said.