Chapter - 11

I'm choosing Nick Bateman as Kyle Stephan's!!

Noah's P.O.V.

"Can I come in Mr Calvin", I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in Eva", I replied.

Eva came inside with a small smile on her face. It had been a week that she had signed the divorce papers and today she's going to a dinner with me, Aria and Kyle. I wonder why Kyle is so persistent in going out with Eva.

"Yes, Miss. Peterson?", I asked.

"I want to ask, have you started taking interviews for your new assistant?", She asked.

"No, I hadn't. I don't have any time you know that", I replied.

"Ok. Can I do it for you?", She asked.

"When are you leaving?", I asked.

"Next month", she said biting her lower lip.

"Oh, ok. Fine, you go ahead and take interviews", I said and she smiled back at me.

"Thanks. I should go now", she said and turned to leave the room.

"I'll pick you up for the dinner", I said.

"No need. Mr Kyle is picking me up", she said and left.

She was quiet. It had been so many days that I hadn't seen that talkative girl who always smile and can even bring life in a lifeless statue also. Her smile was contagious and now when she's all so boring and normal, I ain't liking it. What's wrong with me?

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

I got ready for the dinner and drove to Aria's place to pick her. On the way, I saw Kyle's car parked outside Eva's building. I know that boy, he's not trustworthy and I really hope that he doesn't harm Eva in any way. She's a nice girl and she doesn't deserve any heartbreak. She's the girl who knew how to be happy outside even when she's sad and broken inside, that makes her different from others.

I picked up Aria and we moved to the restaurant and waited for Kyle and Eva to come.

"So, did you hear anything about Eva?", Aria asked settling herself on the chair.

"What are you talking about?", I asked.

"Kyle likes her. I mean, I'm trying to make him understand that she's not the right girl for him but he's not letting her go", she said.

"But Eva loves her husband. She won't love Kyle ever", I replied.

"Please Noah", Aria chuckled and rolled her eyes and said, "Girl kneeled down in front of my brother. He knows how to wrap girls around his fingertip".

"But Eva is not any girl. She's different and that's what makes her special. She's the one who will smile to make you happy whilst inside she may be a crying river. She's too strong but weak at the same time. She's the one who knows how to pick her up when she falls down, she's just a totally different person ", I said as if I've known her for years.

"You're talking as if she's your girlfriend. Why am I feeling that you're attracted by her?", Aria asked with a grimace.

"I ain't Aria. I'm just telling my views", I said.

"Ok, I trust you. I know she doesn't have any quality in her which could make you fall for her", she said with a smile.