Chapter - 13

Noah's P.O.V.

They say curiosity kills the cat and I'm not at all a curious person before Eva came into my life and taking interest in other's personal matter is so not Noah's way but now things have changed I guess. Change is the nature of growing up so for a change I didn't let go of the matter and followed Eva and Eric silently.

My heart was beating very fast because this is the first time that I'm doing something like this. I saw Eva taking Eric inside her building. Shit, I can't follow her till her home. What do I do now?

Gathering some courage I also walked behind them and reached Eva's apartment. The main door was still open and I could hear loud voices coming from inside. Disadvantages of small houses.

You should leave now, my inner self-said.

But I can stay here for some time, I replied.

"What's your problem, Eva. Why do you always want to behave like you are the only good person?. I won't let you do that", Eric said in a high pitch.

"Because I'm", I heard Eva chuckling. She's really crazy, she never takes anything seriously.

"No, you're a bad person, a very very bad girl. You hurt everyone", he said.

"That's why I got this punishment. Isn't it good? Now, you'll be free from me", she said.

"No, I won't let anything to happen to you. I'll save you. Kyle had promised me that he'll also do something for you. He loves you goddammit", Eric shouted.

What the hell is going on here? It's scaring me to shit!!

"He can't love me, Eric, you know that", Eva said.

"Why?", Eric replied.

"Because no one should love a dying person, it would hurt them", Eva said and the rose falls down from my hand. She's dying. What does she even mean by that?

I felt my legs trembling all of a sudden and my body unable to gain strength to stand.

"Cancer is curable. Don't you dare tell me that stupid excuse", Eric replied and I left the place because I couldn't muster more strength to listen to them.

 Don't you dare tell me that stupid excuse", Eric replied and I left the place because I couldn't muster more strength to listen to them

Eva is dying. She's going to leave us forever. Why hadn't she told me before? Why is it hurting me? I should be sad for her out of humanity but god, it is killing me inside. My heart is paining, why am I feeling so suffocated all of a sudden?

I came back to my apartment and sat down below the shower. Cold water was falling on my head, trying it's best to cool me but my mind was in mess. So much was going on in my mind and my heart was at uneasiness.