Chapter - 6

Noah's P.O.V.

"Who are you?", I asked looking at the familiar face but not able to recognise him.

"I'm her husband", he said.

"You're what?", I asked shocked.

"Come in, Mr Boss", he said with a sigh.

"I'm Eric, Eva's husband", he said and Eva came in the sight.

"Whose there Eric?", She said coming into the hall folding her hair and then stopped seeing me.

"Mr Orchid, what are you doing here?", She asked.

"You've got a funny name", Eric chuckled.

Oh, they're so made for each other, both crazy.

"My name is Noah Calvin", I said.

"I know that. Who doesn't know you?", He said and I felt a sense of proud.

"Then why did you ask me about who am I?", I asked confused.

"I wanted to know why a rich person is at my place at this time? He said.

"Eric stop it. You should go now", Eva said.

"Really? Leaving you all alone with a stranger?", Eric asked raising his eyebrows.

"I'm not a stranger. I'm Noah Calvin, his boss", I said.

"So? You're her boss who knows her from like few hours doesn't mean I can trust you. She's my wife after all", he said showing his possessiveness.

"Eric, he's a good person", Eva said.

"How can you say that? You're gullible", Eric said.

"I just know. You should leave now else she'll be mad at you and we don't want her to get mad", Eva said.

"Yeah fine. But listen, Mr Calvin, she's my wife and I hope you'll be good to her", he said and then left.

"Sure", I said with a fake smile.

Wired family!!

"What are you doing here?", Eva asked.

"You didn't tell me about you and Aria so I came to meet you", I said looking at her small house.

"Please have a seat. I'll make coffee for you", she said and moved to the kitchen.

I sat down on the small couch and overlooked her house. The drawing hall was as big as my bathroom only but it was beautiful. The walls were decorated with pictures and sceneries. The room was filled with scented candles. I could see Eva making coffee, as the kitchen was just at the back of the drawing hall.

There were two rooms which were closed. It was a really small house, just like a matchbox but it was giving me a nice feeling. I mean, there are some places in everyone's life where they feel peace and their heart admit that feeling.

Eva's house had that aura, I'm feeling contented. I'm so liking this house. It's so peaceful and I don't know what's so special here but it's soothing to me. I don't like my own big house this much.

"So, you won't let go of this matter?", Eva said coming with two cups of coffee on a tray with cookies on her plate and then it hits me that I had come here for a purpose and I totally forgot about that.

"You're married?", I asked.

"Yes, why? Can't I be married?", She chuckled.

"No, you don't tell me so, it actually surprised me", I said and she gave me a silent smile. A smile which was on her face but not in her eyes.