Chapter - 5

Noah's P.O.V.

I'm getting ready for Mrs Haldie's farewell party at my office tonight and it's a small gathering so only staff members were invited. I also invited Aria, well she's my girlfriend so she has to be there.

After getting ready, I called Aria to know whether she's ready or not because I hate unpunctuality.

"Hey sweetheart", she said picking up my call.

"Are you ready?", I asked.

"I'll take twenty minutes only. Can you leave your home a bit late?", She asked.

"What? Aria why so late? I told you to be ready, ain't I?", I said.

"I'm getting ready Noah. It would take some time. Why are you so eager? When is the party?", Aria asked.

"It's about in half hour. See, Aria I've to be there on time. I'm the boss", I said.

"Noah, I know how punctual you're and you can't change your habit for anyone, not even for me. So, you go and I'll join you over there", she said understanding me. She's very mature and I like her.

"Ok, be safe and just let me know when you'll be leaving for office", I said and she agreed.

I hung up and moved out of my building. I asked my driver to move to my assistant's home, Miss. Eva Peterson. Yes, I hired her because she lives near my apartment and I guess she would be perfect for me because she's single and had a lot of experience. Also, she's a decent one and because she's my neighbour, I can call her at midnight also.

So, in every situation, I'm profiting and Noah never leaves any such golden chance.

I reached near her building and called her. She picked up in like one call as if her mobile was in her hands only.

"You ready?", I asked.

"For what?", She asked.

"What do you mean for what? We have a party at our office, you remember right?", I asked.

"Oh shit. I.. I'm so sorry. I totally forgot", she said panicking and I just cursed under my breath.

I guess I made the wrong mistake by hiring her!!

"Are you crazy? I've told you earlier twice also and now you're saying you forgot. How could be you so irresponsible?", I asked.

"I'll be there in ten, promise", she said.

"Noah doesn't wait for any-", I was telling her only when she hung up. Does she hang upon me? Her boss? God, why on earth I hired her? Why?

I was feeling bad for making a wrong decision by trusting her, only when my driver asked, "Sir, should we wait?".

I glanced at her building and then said with a sigh, "Yes".

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

"I'm late only because of you", I said angrily coming out of my car.

"Ten minutes!!", She said again.

"I hate wasting even one minute. Do you even know the value of time?", I asked adjusting my coat.

"Jeez, why are you making so much fuss out of it?. I said sorry earlier also", she said.

"I don't know why I even hired you?", I said.

"Well I had warned you before", she replied but I didn't respond so she remained silent after that.