Chapter - 24

Noah's P.O.V.

Five years later;

I was walking towards my car to reach my home as it was getting pretty late. I had a lot of work at my office today and I'm not even able to had dinner tonight. It was thirty minutes left for the clock to strike twelve.

I kicked my car's engine and drove to my apartment. From past two months, I'm not able to focus on my office work because my baby sister Jess was getting married to her love of life. She's twenty-one only and I wanted her to do something good and big in her life but her happiness is with Mathew, her husband.

Mathew is her classmate and they both wanted to marry after graduation. My parents also supported Jess and I'm also fine as far as my sister is happy. Although, they both are still financially not stable but I know that they'll do something to live their life happily.

I tried to offer Mathew job in my company but he's a man of Principal and he politely declined my offer. I just wish that he keep my sister happy always.

I parked my car in the parking and came out. I walked towards my home and dialled the password to my apartment. It was pretty empty as usual and dark. I lit the light and closed the door. I placed my car keys on the table and my laptop bag along with it. Taking off my shoes, I walked towards the kitchen.

My cook had already left, I placed my dinner in the oven and losen my tie. Once the dinner was warm, I took it out and served it in my plate. I took a glass of water. The whole house was silent, I could even hear the voice of my breath. I walked inside my bedroom with my tray and placed it on my bed.

I picked up my towel and rushed to bathroom for having a quick shower. It was half past twelve. I soothen my body with the hot shower and came out after a relaxing bath. I had my dinner silently and checked out my emails.

I know my life is pretty boring but so am I. I like this peace and this is what defines me. I'm Noah Calvin, a successful businessman​ but I've least interest in enjoying my life like HER.

After checking out my all emails and having my dinner, I retired to bed. But my mobile notification rang in mean time. I took it and saw that I've left one notification unseen.

It was Drake's Marriage Anniversary!

I smiled sadly and typed a message to him. "Hey buddy, wish you a very happy anniversary. Hope to meet you soon".

I messaged my P.A. to sent a bouquet of roses tomorrow at Drake's place with best wishes. Drake is married to Eva!!

I still remember that day. When Eva left us, I busy myself in my work deeply. I disconnected​ all contacts with Aria and Kyle. I don't want to be in touch with them by any means.

Caleb told me that how Eva planned everything to prevent me from any loss and she succeeded too. I badly wanted to talk to her but then I controlled myself because she wanted to not be in touch with me and I respect her decision. Caleb also informed me that Eva lied about her cancer to me. I was sad because she lied to me but happy that she's fit and alive.

Drake on other hand didn't stop courting him and Eva. He decided to search for her. After six months, one day he called me to tell about his life.