Discovery

"Uh, Batman, you might want to take a look at this," Flash says, returning to the level of Cadmus where the rest of the team is searching. The team composing of Green Lantern, Batman, Aquaman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Superman, Green Arrow, and Martian Manhunter.

"What did you find?" Batman asks.

"A girl," Flash says, leading the JLA to the room he found. "Do you think she's a clone of someone too?"

The members look at the teen frozen in a Cadmus pod. The girl has long snow white flowing hair and pure white skin. She's wearing a long sleeve one-piece black suit with purple accents on the gloves and boots as well as a large purple S symbol in the middle of her chest.

"She's young and beautiful," Wonder Woman inquires.

Batman hacks into the computer nearby to discover exactly what this girl is.

"She has no heartbeat," Superman says.

"That's because she's dead," Batman says. "But she's also alive."

"How is that possible?" Flash asks.

"Because she's a ghost," Batman says. "She was a part of Project Ec." He presses a few buttons and the girl is defrosted. The pod containing her opens after the defrosting is complete. Her eyes slowly open to reveal the most mesmerizing purple irises anyone has ever seen.

"Are you sure about th–?" Flash begins but is cut off by the girl blasting him to the floor.

"Leave me alone!" the girl shouts, fists glowing purple.

"Stop!" Wonder Woman shouts. "We are trying to help you!"

"I don't need anybody's help!" she shouts, blasting her purple energy at Wonder Woman which throws her into the opposite wall. The girl levitates into the air, her feet disappear and are replaced by a wisp, blasting energy at anyone that gets too close.

Batman traps her in a net but she smirks and phases through it. She blocks Superman's laser eyes with a shield created by her energy.

"Let us help you!" Superman shouts, dodging a purple blast.

The Justice League surrounds the girl. She gets a good look at the heroes. "You're n-not the G-gnomes. W-who are you?"

"We're the Justice League and we're here to help you," Batman says.

"I-I don't believe you!" she shouts and phases through the ceiling.

Martian Manhunter follows after her all the way to the streets. "Let us help you."

"W-what are you?!" the girl shrieks, flying away from the martian.

"I am Martian Manhunter, a hero of the Justice League," he replies calmly. "I am a martian from Mars."

"G-get away from me! Stop following me!" she shouts, gaining a speed boost and blasting far ahead of him. She looks behind her to see if she's still being followed only to find Superman trailing her at super speed. She looks down to see a streak of red light running below her. "Who are these people...? Where am I...?"

"We're a team of superheroes," Superman tells the girl. "You're in Washington D.C."

"W-Washington D.C...." she murmurs.

"We want to help you," Superman says. "We don't want to hurt you. We defeated the people who put you in that container."

"Why w-would you want to help a ghost?" she asks, keeping her distance from him. "H-how do I know that y-you're n-not lying?"

Superman's eyes widen with disbelief. Not that he didn't believe what Batman said it's just hard to believe that ghosts really exist. Though he's seen many weird things, ghosts is something he thought wouldn't happen. What next, fairies and frankenstein's monster is real? "You're a ghost?" He blinks a few times before shaking his head. "We help anyone who desperately needs it, such as you," Superman says. "Do we honestly look like the people who imprisoned you?"