Kittens (Part 2 of 2)

"How hard can it be?" Greta shrugs.

About an hour later...

Two loud screeches are heard throughout the cave, making the three girls turn to look at all the kittens they have with them to discover two missing. Two small blurs, one white and one orange, race into the living room to dart under the couch. Hot on their heels is Wolf, diving his nose under the couch.

"Back away you demon!" Spook yowls, scratching at Wolf's muzzle.

The white wolf recoils with a yelp then dives back under.

"Shoo! Shoo!" Wally hisses.

"Wolf!" Zatanna shouts. "Back off!"

Artemis and Zatanna grab Wolf and try to pull him back, to no avail. Wolf continues under the couch, flipping it over and making the two kittens yelp and scatter. Artemis and Zatanna get pulled along as Wolf chases after them. Wolf manages to snag Wally by his tail, who lets out a yowl and tries to turn to scratch at the large canine. Spook scrambles onto the counter.

"Wolf!" Conner growls from atop the counter with the other kittens beside him. Wolf freezes, turning to his small master. "Put him down." Wolf lowers his mouth to the ground but still doesn't let go of Wally's tail. "Release him."

Wolf releases Wally from his clutches, Wally scatters onto the counter with the other kittens.

"My life just flashed before my eyes!" Wally mewls.

"Are you alright, Wally, Spook?" Artemis asks, concerned.

"Yeah," Spook sighs.

"Just have to rid my tail of slobber," Wally huffs, glaring at Wolf. "He better not do that again."

"He won't," Conner says, climbing onto Wolf's back.

The three girls sigh in relief.

"A kitten with a pet wolf," Greta sighs. "Never thought I'd say that in my life or... afterlife."

~~~

"Anyone else hungry, or is it just me?" Spook asks the surrounding kittens.

"Starving," Wally replies. "Haven't eaten since dinner yesterday. You gonna feed us, momma?"

"That's disgusting even for you," Phantom comments.

"What?" Wally huffs then his eyes widen. "Oh gross! I didn't mean it like that!"

"Guess we have to go tell Artemis," Spook says, ignoring Wally and swallowing her anger. "Let's go play some charades."

"Where did the girls get to anyway?" Conner asks.

The pack of kittens get off the couch and head to the kitchen to find Artemis on the phone. The other two girls stand/float next to her.

"Are you almost here?" Artemis sighs into the phone. "You should've been here a while ago. Didn't Arrow call you?"

"Artemis!" Wally yowls, gathering the attention of all the girls.

"Hold on a second, Baywatch," Artemis says, giving him a wait a minute finger. She notices the other kittens waddling up behind Wally. "Uh, I should hang up. All of them just came into the room. Just hurry up and get your butt here!" She ends the call. "What is it?"

"Any ideas on how to tell her we're hungry?" Robin asks.

"I got this," Spook says. "I watch a lot of Youtube in my free time." She sits and uses a paw to point to her mouth.

" She sits and uses a paw to point to her mouth