Not Really A Home

The next morning Spook is awoken by a loud bang coming from next door in Superboy's room. Obviously curious, she transforms into her ghost form and heads over to Superboy's room.

"Superboy?" she calls out, knocking on the door. "Are you okay?" She gets no reply. "I'm coming in." She turns the knob to find it locked and turns intangible, deciding to go through the door instead. "Superboy?" Spook finds the Boy of Steel on the floor next to his bed and kneels down next to him. "Should I wake him?"

He suddenly awakens and tackles her to the floor. "What are you doing in my room?!"

Her eyes widen, now getting the full extent of his rage and power close up, and phases through his grasp. "I'm sorry for bothering you. I just wanted to make sure you were okay. I heard a loud thump come from your room."

He looks at her and blinks rapidly. "Uh, s-sorry... I didn't hurt you, did I?"

"Just surprised me," she confirms. "I'm a ghost, remember? I don't get hurt easily even with strength like yours."

He sighs and sits on his bed while Spook floats in front of him. "So, you were at Cadmus too?"

"Too?" she says confused. "Wait, you were there?"

"I was created there. I'm only 17 weeks old."

"Wait, for real? You look 16."

"Physiologically I am," he responds.

"Cool," she admits. "Uh, want to get some breakfast? I don't know where the kitchen is though... "

"I'll show you," he replies, getting up from his bed. They leave the room down the hall. "You're a ghost though, why would you need food?"

"This ghost needs food," she replies, floating behind him. "I can't live on energy forever."

"Usually M'gann cooks some monstrosity," Superboy says. "But I don't hear her up yet."

"That's okay, we could just have some plain old cereal," Spook says.

They arrive in the kitchen to be greeted by Robin and Kid Flash.

"You're up!" KF says.

"And hungry," Spook says, heading to what she assumes is the pantry. She makes herself a bowl of cereal while getting surprised looks from the three boys.

"How are you holding that bowl?" KF asks.

"With my hands?" Spook answers.

"No, duh, but how? You're a ghost. You aren't supposed to physically be able to lift anything tangible," KF wonders.

"Uh, with my ghostly powers?"

"So, what is it like to be, well, dead?" Robin asks.

"Dude! Rude!" Spook scoffs.

"I didn't mean to be rude!"

Spook begins to laugh as she sits between KF and Superboy. "I was kidding. Being dead is probably the best thing that's happened to me. Sure at first it took a while to get used to my powers, but that was what was so fun. I have powers."

"But at a great cost," Superboy says.

"Didn't you have any loved ones?" Robin asks.

"I don't remember," she lies.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay," she says. "Anyway, do I get to go home?"

"Yeah, Batman is sending you on your way around lunch time," Robin replies. "So sometime soon."