Ghost Twins

"You said that you didn't remember any family members," Aqualad says.

"I sorta lied about that," Spook says.

"How are we able to trust you if you keep lying to us?" KF asks.

"How am I able to trust you if I don't know who you really are?" Spook retorts.

"We still barely know anything about you except the fact that you're dead," Robin says.

"Does it really matter? We barely know anything about you, Robin," Megan admits. "This team just formed, it's going to take a while to build trust. When they're ready to tell us they will."

KF sighs. "Yeah, you're right, M'gann." He turns to Spook. "I'm sorry. Let's start over. I'm Kid Flash, protege of Flash."

Spook smiles. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Spook and this is my older brother."

"Spook, I like it, babe," KF says.

Talk about a complete one-eighty... "Uh, I'm Phantom, if you didn't catch that by the voice announcing my presence."

"I'm Robin." He points to himself then the others. "That's Kid Flash. That's Miss Martian. That's Aqualad. Finally, that's Superboy."

"Nice to meet you, Phantom," M'gann says.

"So, both of you are dead?" KF asks.

"How did you die?" Superboy asks.

"Dude! You can't just ask someone how they died," KF says.

"We died in an explosion," Spook says.

"Do you remember your parents?" M'gann asks.

"Not really," Phantom answers. "We only remembered each other."

"What about names?" Aqualad asks. "Your real names."

"We don't remember our real names, that's why we gave each other ghost names," Spook says.

"Recognized: Batman, 02." Batman appears. "Recognized: Superman, 01."

"If Batman is in charge, why isn't he the first number?" Spook asks.

"It was Superman's idea to create the Justice League," Robin quickly answers.

"We got an alert that someone used Superman's authorization to enter the cave," Batman says, looking over everyone and spotting Phantom. "Who is this?"

"I'm P-Phantom..."

"Spook's brother..." Superman says. "That makes a lot more sense."

"What are you talking about?" Batman asks, turning to him.

"The article I read talked about Phantom and Spook the ghost twins of Fox Hollow," Superman says. "Forgot that little detail. It was a small article. Besides everyone thought it was just a myth and the people that lived there were just crazy."

"You have all the same powers as Spook?" Batman asks, giving Superman a 'we'll talk later' look as he turns back to Phantom.

"Yes," Spook answers.

"I was talking to your brother," Batman says. "Is he incapable of talking?"

"No," Spook grunts, crossing her arms in a huff.

He turns back to Phantom. "Do you have the same powers as Spook?"

"As far as we know," Phantom says.

"How'd you use my authorization code?" Superman asks, walking up to Spook.

"Technological possession," Robin answers.

"You can possess technology?" Batman asks.

"Uh, yeah..." Spook says. "I can possess anything."

"You can possess people?!" KF shouts.

"Well, I am a ghost," Spook says.

"I'd like to see this power," Batman says.

"Any volunteers?" Spook asks. Everyone backs away and Spook sighs. "Brother?"

"Fine." He floats over.

"You can possess other ghosts as well?" Batman asks.

"I said anything," Spook says, overshadowing Phantom. She speaks from Phantom. "Ghosts are a little trickier though."

"Because we can both be in control," Phantom says.

She leaves his body and enters KF's. "Our voices don't change though, so we have to adjust to match their voice." Her voice changes from her's to sorta like KF's towards the end of the sentence. "We have complete control over the body." She exits his body and floats next her brother.

"What happened? I... blacked out for a second..." KF says. "Wait a minute! Did you just–?"

"Yes," Robin answers for Spook.

"And the overshadowed person doesn't remember a thing that happened," Spook says. "Usually the simple-minded people are the easiest. The more strong-willed might remember what they did, but won't be able to control their actions."

"Try me," Batman says.

"What, really?" Robin says shocked.

"Yes, I'm curious," Batman says.

"Uh, okay..." Spook says, floating over to him. Her purple aura surrounds her as she turns invisible and possesses Batman. She floats up into the air and does a little dance, making everyone laugh. "I can feel Batman fighting against me. Usually if a person knows that they're being possessed, they can fight, but if they have no clue they don't have such luck." She returns Batman to normal.

"That was... interesting," Batman says.

"What part, the flying, dancing, or not being in control of your body?" Robin asks with a snicker.

"All of the above."

"I'm not going to join the team if my brother can't," Spook suddenly says.

"I don't see why not," KF says. "He seems pretty cool."

Batman and Superman look at each other with a small nod.

"That won't be a problem," Superman says and eyes their bags. "Are you going back home or are you staying here?"

"We don't have anything left back in Vermont," Spook says. "Would it be okay to live here?"

"Oh yay!" M'gann cheers. "More roommates!"

"Just don't come walking into our rooms," Superboy scoffs and walks off to his room.

"You can possess items too?" Robin asks.

"Anything," Spook says, opening her bag and pulling out a black stuffed bunny. She enters the bunny and begins walking around.

"The bunny's name is Kumori," Phantom says. "She does this a lot to freak people out."

"It's working," KF says, hiding behind Robin. "It feels like Chucky is real now."

Spook floats into the air, carrying her backpack still as Kumori. "The room next to mine is vacant. Let's go, fratello."

"Right behind ya."

They leave the team, Batman, and Superman behind and head for the living quarters. While they go, the team talks.

"It seems they have more powers than the profile explained," Batman says. "It seems we will find out more along the way. Rest up and head home."

"When are we going on a mission?" Robin asks.

"When I'm ready to give you one," Batman responds, zeta-tubing out with Superman.

"This is totally unfair," Robin fusses, heading over to the zeta tube. He leaves in a fit.

"Today has been an interesting day, but I should return home," Aqualad says and zeta's out.

"Mom's making my favorite food tonight, so I'm gone," KF says, leaving.

That leaves M'gann alone in the mission room. She sighs as she heads to her room. "Earth isn't as fun as I thought it would be if I'm unable to help people."