Kittens (Part 1 of 2)

(Incredibly long chapter ahead! 10,000 word chapter! FYI!)

After the long fun day of Christmas, it was time for the team to do some fun of their own.

"So, why aren't Artemis and Zatanna joining us?" Wally asks Robin.

"Artemis is on a case tonight with Green Arrow," Robin replies. "Zatanna is at a Christmas sleepover birthday party."

"Why couldn't Batman patrol his own city tonight?" Phantom asks then yawns. "I'm tired."

"Batman has a conference meeting to go to for work," Robin replies, trying to not give away too much.

"This late at night?" Phantom yawns again. "And on Christmas?"

The ghost twins, KF, and Robin are sitting on a rooftop of a tall building, looking across Gotham City.

"How much longer do we have to wait for the rest of the team?" Wally complains.

"None," Spook sighs, continuing what she's been doing for the past 10 minutes, floating up in the air lazily with one arm behind her head, as if she's laying down on a couch, and the other tossing a purple ectoball up in the air then catching it.

"None?" Wally asks confused.

"None," Robin repeats. "They're here."

"What?" Wally asks surprised, looking around.

"How do you always manage to do it?" Conner asks, appearing on the top of the building from the fire escape with Kaldur following behind.

"About time," Spook grunts, diminishing the ball once it relands in her hand. "You gonna show yourself, Megan?"

She appears out of her camouflage behind Spook. "It's hard to sneak up on you," she comments.

"Well, I am a ghost," Spook admits. "I'm usually the one that is doing the sneaking."

"Truth," Phantom agrees.

"Alright, now that we're all here, let's get started," Robin says, cackling as he leaps off the rooftop onto another.

Spook rolls her eyes with a laugh as the twins float after him. Megan follows behind them, her floating next to Phantom. Conner and Kaldur head next and Wally speeds his way up to Robin. Spook makes sure to maintain her distance from Conner, still upset with him from the other night.

~~~

After a long uneventful night, the team is beginning to wrap the night up when suddenly Robin's wrist computer beeps, signaling a problem. The team immediately stops and gathers around Robin.

"Problem?" Kaldur asks.

"Break in at Gotham Museum of Artifacts," Robin answers. "About 10 minutes away, 5 if we hurry."

"Lead the way," Kaldur says.

They leap across many buildings before reaching their destination, quietly phasing into the museum with help from the ghost twins.

'Link established,' Megan says.

'Separate and spread out,' Kaldur commands. 'Find out what triggered the alarm.'

They fan out along the floor in different directions, cautious of what could be ahead. A cackle is heard from the room Spook is heading into.

'I think I found our guy,' Spook thinks to the team.

'Which way?' Kaldur asks. 'Who is it?'

'The mystical artifact hall and not quite sure yet, sounds male,' Spook responds.