Sick?

The last few days have been hard on the team, all depressed about the training simulation and nobody has really shaken it away. Everyone is still feeling the effects.

It's Monday, meaning the twins, Conner, and Megan have to go to school. The twins have awoken in a dilemma. Spook dresses in as many layers as she can. Phantom is in shorts and a tanktop. They meet Megan and Conner in the kitchen.

"W-w-why is it so c-c-cold?" Vanessa asks, teeth chattering.

"Cold? It's so hoooot!" Rai complains.

"Are you two okay?" Megan asks. "It feels normal."

"Your lips are blue, Spook," Conner inquires.

"Th-they are?" she asks. "Jeez, I'm just so c-cold."

"I think I can see your breath when you speak," Rai says.

The four agreed to try and act normal during the school day as they didn't want any questions to arise as to why they look depressed. The training simulation hit everyone hard in all sorts of different ways. The past few days, Black Canary has had each member try to open up about it in therapy sessions, so far she's gotten no such luck.

Megan puts a hand to both their heads and quickly recoils her hands. "You're incredibly cold and hot to the touch!"

"In that case, you should stay home from school today," Conner says.

"I-I'd rather not m-miss class," Vanessa says.

"Yeah, Miss Perfect Attendance and Straight A's over here," Rai scoffs.

"It's not l-like you do the same thing," Vanessa huffs, shivering.

"If you... say so," Conner says.

Vanessa moves over to Rai and wraps her arms around him in an attempt to get warm. They even each other out and feel slightly better but not much.

"Let's get to the bus stop," Megan says.

They follow her out the cave, unbeknownst to the frozen and melted fruits on the counter. They walk to the bus stop to wait for the bus.

"Jeez, it's c-cold!" Vanessa says, wrapping her arms around herself.

"Are you sure you want to head to school?" Conner asks, concerned. "It's not too late to go back."

"I'm fine," Vanessa says, wrapping an arm around her brother's.

The bus arrives and they file onto it, getting dropped off at the school shortly after. They head to their lockers and drop off their stuff along with grabbing what they need then heading to homeroom.

"Whoa, Nyssa, you look... uh, warm?" Marvin comments.

"I-I'm f-freezing cold..." she replies.

"How? I'm burning up!" Rai says.

"It feels completely normal," Wendy says. "It's not too cold and not too hot."

"You must be freezing, your lips are blue," Marvin says. "I think I can even see your breath!"

"Maybe you should've stayed home from school today," Wendy says. "It looks like you might be coming down with something."

"I'm fine," Vanessa says.

"Dom, you look really sweaty," Karen, Mal's girl, says.

"I feel really... hot," Rai sighs.

"You are really hot..." Megan sighs dreamily. "I-I mean when I felt your forehead. You a-are burning up!"