New Teammate

It's a lazy Sunday and the first day of school for Wally West. Spook and Phantom are fast asleep, floating halfway up in the air in their ghost forms in the living room of the cave.

 Spook and Phantom are fast asleep, floating halfway up in the air in their ghost forms in the living room of the cave

"Are they sleeping?" Robin asks.

"I can't tell," Superboy says. "They aren't breathing, but since they're dead they never do."

"Hey, guys!" Megan greets, flying into the room. "What's up?"

"We're trying to decide if the twins are asleep or not," Robin admits.

"Oh, I'll float up and find out," Megan says and floats up to them. "Their eyes are closed."

"So they're asleep," Robin confirms. "Megan, do you ever float sleep?"

"No, only when my powers were budding," she replies. "That's not the case with them though, I believe they wanted to."

"So, should we wake them?" Robin suggests.

"How? We can't shake them awake," Megan says. "Our hand will just phase through them."

"That only applies to humans," Superboy says.

"What do you mean?" Robin asks, turning to look at Superboy quizzically.

"I felt her touch when she placed her hand on my own. She could grasp my hand," Superboy says, looking at his hand. "She said maybe it was an alien thing."

"Then I'll wake them," Megan says, tentatively moving her hand toward them and wondering if her hand will go through them or not. Her hand makes contact with Phantom's right shoulder, and she gently shakes him. "Phantom? Wakey wakey..."

Phantom groans and turns away from her.

"He doesn't seem like a morning person," Robin says.

"It is 9:30 in the morning," Megan says. "Maybe ghosts sleep longer?"

Spook groans. "No, it's because you guys wake up too damn early..."

"Why are you guys out here in the first place?" Robin asks.

"Normal kids sleep in till like 1 especially if you are a superhero that stays up till 3 in the morning," Spook scoffs. "We're out here because we fell asleep out here while watching movies all night long."

"We snuck out here after you all went to bed," Phantom says.

"Why are you sleep floating? Is that a normal thing?" Robin asks.

"Jeez, so many questions so early in the morning," Spook complains with a sigh, dragging her hand down her face. "When we first got our powers, we couldn't control our powers, so things like walking through tables, walls, floors, beds, and whatever else happened a lot. We'd fall asleep and sometimes wake up, nose touching the ceiling. We like to sleep float sometimes because it's somewhat more comfy."