Chapter 9: Challege Accepted

I woke up and smelled something burning. I jumped up and ran into the kitchen to see Justin cooking, well trying to at least.

"Please don't burning the house down. it's brand new." I said walking next to him.

I scared him and he jumped and hugged me.

"Sophie!!! I was trying to be a good best friend and cook for your family but it turns out I can't cook." he said looking down.

"Jay you didn't have to!! We usually fend for ourselves around here. I brought poptarts for us." I said laughing.

"Okay..."

"My mom brought her coffee stuff too. So go sit down and I will make us some coffee and toast us some poptarts." I said calmly making him laugh.

He sat down on the couch and I made the coffee and poptarts. I sat down next to him and I flipped through the channels and nothing was on.

I got up and went to the middle bedroom and looked through the movies until I saw the Last Song. I love it. It always makes me cry at the end.

I grabbed it and went back into the living room. I put it in and sat down next to Justin.

"What are we watching?"

"The Last Song. I love Nicholas Sparks books. Hey where is everybody?"

"Trevor went to Taylor's, Your mom and Ann are outside, and your dad came over here for a bit then he went back outside I think he said something about hunting."

"How long have you been up?"

"Um well for some reason woke up at 5 and I couldn't go back to sleep, so I came in here and played on my phone. Ann came in and I scared her. She told me about the time your pillow with my face on it was sitting on the couch and she thought I was here. Haha."

I blushed as he told me the last part.

"Why didn't you wake me up? I would have kept you company!!"

"You looked peaceful in your sleep."

"Well anyway let's watch the movie."

We started watching it and by the part where her dad goes into the hospital I started bawling. I cried into Justin's shoulder.

I looked up at him and he had tears coming down too. I grabbed the tissue box and gave him one.

When the movie ended we were deciding what to do next.

"Oh you haven't met my dog yet!!!"

"Why does it live out here?"

"I found her in my neighborhood and we took her in and she would run around the neighborhood so we brought her up here and she loved it so Ann promised she would take good care of her so we left her here and she always gets excited when I'm here. So let's go!!!"

We got up and I grabbed my blue hoodie and some skinny jeans and put on Justin's vans.

Justin wore his blue hoodie and jeans and blue supras.

We went outside said hey to Ann and my mom and called Millie my dog.

By the third time I called her she came and started jumping on me.

"Hey Millie!! Who's my good girl? huh? who's my good girl is it you?"

I got down and started petting her. Justin did the same and started talking to her. She loved him. We were running around outside and Millie got really excited and ran in front of me and I, being my clumsy self, fell.