Chapter 38: Rebound

I wake up the next morning still in the Theater Room along with Kaitlyn and Lexi.

I grab my phone and decide to walk up stairs to my studio. I started writing more of a song called 'The Story of Us'.

I got to the bridge, 'This is looking like a contest of who can act like they care less, but i liked it better when you were on my side, the battles in your hands now, but i would lay my armor down if youd say youd rather let them fight.'

The door opened and in came Kaitlyn. "Hey Soph. Lexi's making chocolate chip pancakes so just come downstairs when your ready! By the way that sounds really good so far."

"Thanks." i say then add, "Im about done so be there in a bit."

I write the chorus down again, and close my songbook, making sure to bookmark where I'm at. I walk downstairs and the smell of chocolate fills my nose and I'm suddenly starving.

"Mhmm that smells good Lex, I'm proud of you. You didn't burn them this time." I smirked

Lexi made a face at me and flipped me off.

"I will cut that finger off next time." I crossed my arms.

Suddenly my phone started ringing. I pulled it out of my pocket and went into the living room.

"Hello?" I answered thinking who could be calling me at 10 am?

"Hey, is this a bad time?" It was Austen. I should've known.

"No, not at all. Lexi was just making pancakes for us."

"Oh well I was wondering if, well um..." He cleared his throat. "Maybe like tonight we could like go out or something?"

"Like a date?"

"Yeah. Like a date."

I choked. I had no clue what to say. I just got out of a relationship 3 weeks ago.

Kaitlyn walked into the living room then and gave me a questioning look.

"Can you excuse me for a moment please?" I asked him.

"Sure."

"Who's that?" Kaitlyn asked

"Um it's Austen... he wants to go out tonight. On a date, and I have no clue what to say."

"Say yes! Girl you need to get over Justin. Just go with the flow, stop worrying about everything."

I laughed and shooed her out of the living room.

"I'm back! and Yes I would love to go out on a date with you."

What's the worst that could happen?

______________________
Hey kids. Short update I know but hey it's still an update!
-Rylee😘

VOTE!!!!
COMMENT!!!!
SHARE!!!!