Chapter 20: Lazy Day

The sun shone through my window waking me up. I looked to see if Justin was awake.

He was still asleep and he looked peaceful. I stared at him concentrating on every feature on his face. It seemed like forever had passed by when he started smiling.

He opened his eyes and I quickly shut mine pretending to be asleep.

"Sophiee, I know your not asleep. You were staring at me and woke me up." he said in his raspy morning voice.

I smiled, my eyes still closed.

"Your gonna have to be punished for waking me up from my beauty sleep. You know that right?"

I shook my head no and opened my eyes.

He crawled on top of me and he started tickling me. We were both laughing. I tried grabbing his arms to stop him but he kept moving his arms faster.

"JUSTIN PLEASE STOP!!" I said in between laughs.

"No I don't think so..." he said as he kept tickling me.

He finally stopped. I stared into his chocolate brown eyes as he stared into my blue ones. His darting from my eyes to my lips occasionally.

Finally he ever so slightly leaned down and kissed me.

I kissed back and we kissed for about 10 minutes. He then pulled away and let me sit up.

"You hungry?" he finally asked.

I nodded my head. He got up and helped me off the bed. We walked to the kitchen and looked in the pantry. I found the Bisquick and took it out.

"Want pancakes?" I asked Justin and he nodded. I grabbed 2 eggs and the milk out of the fridge. Justin grabbed the measuring cup, a big bowl, and a plastic mixing spoon. I just got through with mixing it all up when Justin wiped some on my face and took off running.

I felt my jaw drop.

"Justin Drew Bieber get back here now your going to pay for this!!" I yelled as I grabbed some of the pancake mix that he wiped on me to throw at him.

We ran around the house laughing and getting pancake mix on each other.

It was about 20 minutes after our play fight when I found a note clipped to the lamp shade.

Dear Sophie and Justin,

We are on a job. There's food in the freezer. We will be back around 7 or 8.

Love, Mom and Dad

"Let's get cleaned up. I wanna go outside." I said pulling his hand towards my room.

We got the pancake mix out of our hair and changed out of our PJ's.

I wore my purple best friend hoodie, black sweats, and some purple vans I bought while shopping with Pattie in Canada.

Justin wore a grey hoodie, a black t-shirt, black skinny jeans, and a pair of grey supras.

It reminded me of One Time. I started laughing because I started thinking of this dorky little kid with his signature hairflip singing Aye Aye Aye.

I pulled my hair up into a messy bun, still laughing.

"Can I hear the joke?" Justin said while walking into my room from the bathroom.

His hair was straight down, which made me laugh even more.

"Seriously what are you laughing about?" Justin asked.