Chapter 26: Neon Lights

As soon as we got to the studio i jumped out of the car and ran to the door. Me being really clumsy plus being super excited i ran smack into the glass door.

Justin started laughing really hard. I just shot him a look, once he saw it he stopped laughing -well almost.

"Im sorry -laugh- are you -laugh- okay? -laugh-"

I shot him another look and replied, "Yes, Im fine. Do you have headache medicine?"

"Um i think Scoot carries some why?"

"Better ask him for some. You might need it later." i patted his head and walked inside.

Although it was big, it looked comfy inside. There were 4 black leather couches with red and white pillows, black leather chairs, and a reception desk in the back.

The reception desk lady called us over.

"Do you have an appointment with Mr. Braun?" she asked me.

"Um yesmam. Im here with Justin." I said.

I looked above the desk as her and Justin discussed how long it might take or whatever. In big letters the wall said 'SCOOTER BRAUN PROJECTS'

I guess i should have known he had his own company.

"Earth to Sophie." Justin said waving his hand in my face. I shook my head to clear my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"I said lets go sit down, Scooters in a meeting we have to wait for awhile." He said chuckling.

We walked to the couch and sat down.

"How long did she say it was gonna take?" I asked.

"Um about 10 more minutes."

"Ughhhhh." i groaned.

"What?"

"Nothing." i said as i pulled out The Fault In Our Stars. I had at least read this book a million times. It was my An Imperial Affliction.

I had started the book over. As i went to turn the second page Justins hand stopped me.

"Wait i wasnt done!" I laughed at him. He could be such a girl at times.

"How about i read aloud for you?"

I looked up at him. He nodded. I giggled at him.

We had just gotten to the second chapter when Scooter came out.

"Hey JB! Whatsup?" He asked as we both got up. They did some handshake that lead into a hug.

"This is Sophie, my girlfriend." Justin said introducing me. Scooter gave me a handshake and said, "Nice to meet you!" I smiled and said, "You too!"

"Should we head up then?" Scooter said turning around and heading to the elevator.

Justin took my hand and laced our fingers together. It felt like our hands were made for each other, like two pieces of a puzzle that fit perfectly.

When we got out of the elevator Scooter lead us to a room that was about the size of a normal living room.

It had a black leather sectional, a chair, coffee table and of course a recording booth.

"Are you ready?" Justin asked me.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I replied.

If you said I was calm, cool and collected, You would be lying. I was anything but calm. I was shaking like a dog.

"What song you wanna sing?" Scooter asked me. I whispered it in his ear and he nodded. I stepped into the booth. I looked at Justin with a nervous look as I put the headphones on.