Chapter 44: Birthday Bash! part 1

This past month was amazing. Justin came back into my life, and it was better than ever. I can't tell you how much I missed him. To answer your question, no we aren't dating. Hopefully soon though.

Kaitlyn and Ansel came back from New York last week. When Kaitlyn found out Justin was here she yelled at him for breaking my heart, then eventually thanked him for being there for me when she couldn't.

Ansel and Justin became best friends and they play so many video games together now, they're inseparable.

I called Lexi and told her about Justin being here, and invited her to the party Justin and Ansel were throwing Kaitlyn and I for our birthdays since they're one day after another.

Today is July 31. Kaitlyn and I were buying dresses for our birthday bash starting 10:00 on the 2nd of August for my birthday and ending around 2 or 3 for her birthday on the 3rd.

We were currently in some dress store that I have no clue what the name is. We've been to countless dress stores searching for our perfect dresses with Ansel and Justin grunting unhappily as they follow. They both tried on tuxedos and when the exited their stalls me and Kaitlyn glanced at each other and smiled.

"You guys clean up nice." I smiled.

When it was our turn, we jumped up and found some pink and blue dresses that we just fell in love with and just had to try on.

We walked out of the dressing room and saw Justin and Ansel sitting in some girly chairs and playing on their phones.

We looked at each other and back at them and laughed.

"What? Why are you laughing?" They looked around trying to see what we were laughing at.

"It's nothing," We said through giggles. "What do you think of these?"

"They're cool." They said at the same time.

"Babe you've said that about every single dress I've tried on!" Kaitlyn said to Ansel.

"Not every single one. I didn't like that ugly yellow dress at that other store."

"Okay one dress out of about 100 doesn't mean anything."

"Okay, okay you two. We are getting these so Kaitlyn lets go take them off and we need to find some shoes."

We walked back into the dressing room, took off our dresses and put our regular clothes back on.

We grabbed the dresses walked out. I handed Justin my dress and Kaitlyn handed hers to Ansel.

They paid for the dresses and we were off to find some shoes.

We walked around the shoe store for an hour trying find the perfect ones.

An hour later, we found matching silver stilettos that were so gorgeous (shoes with the pink dress), we had to have them.

Now everything was set and ready to go.

______
August 2nd: Night of Party

I've never been as stressed out as I was today. We were decorating and setting tables up and turning on lights.

The party was being held in our very large backyard.

I was sitting on the ground, my head in my hands trying to calm down. Some lights weren't working and the DJ we had hired quit on us, and it just felt like everything was falling apart.

"Hey princess. What's wrong?" Justin asked sitting down and wrapping his arm around me.

"The DJ we hired called and canceled. Said he had a more important gig, and the lights aren't working. And it just seems like everything is falling apart." Tears sprang from my eyes and I started sobbing.

I just wanted this night to be perfect and now nothing is going right.

"Hey look at me." He lifted my head up with two of his fingers.
"I'll call Tay and see if he will DJ. And Kaitlyn and Ansel went to go get new lights. Oh and Scooter is coming with a surprise. Plus I called your family and asked if they could come."

I hugged him tightly. "Thank you. Really, you're the bestest friend a girl could ask for."

"I know. Okay now wipe those pretty little blue eyes and go inside and start getting ready." He looked at his watch, which I had gotten him for his birthday. "Its 6:30 and the party will start around 10 so take all the time you need and when Kaitlyn gets back I will send her up stairs okay?"

I nodded my head, kissed his cheek and walked upstairs.

Justin's POV:

I took the velvet box out of my pocket and sighed nervously.

A million thoughts ran through my head.

What if she says no? You did put her through a month of pain after you said you would never hurt her.

You just did what you had to do to escape the heartbreak. It didn't work, you too were broken in the end.

They just wouldn't stop.

I heard the front door open and immediately shoved the box back in my pocket.

"Hey man." Ansel greeted me.

We did our handshake as Kaitlyn walked up. She smiled at me.

"So we got some more lights and extra just in case something else happens with them."

I nodded. "Thanks."

I took the box out of my pocket again and just stared at it again, the same thoughts, plus many more, circling around and around my head. Both of them knew what I was gonna ask Sophie tonight.

"Hey don't worry about it. She will say yes. You know that. She loves you more than you know." Kaitlyn whispered, not wanting Sophie to overhear.

I nodded once more still staring down at the box. "I know. But these crazy thoughts keep circling my head that she'll say no."

"Those are just nerves. You'll get over them once you get up there, I promise." Ansel said trying to reassure me, even though I'm pretty sure he's never done what I'm about to do tonight.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
____________________
um I just wanted to say, I'm really sorry to all of you who read my first chapters. I am editing them now (and naming them) so please be sure to read them again I may have changed some stuff.

I love you guys, thanks for sticking around while I was still learning how to write lol.

Also, I'm thinking about becoming an Author once I get out of school so please comment and tell me what you think of my chapters I need lots and lots of feedback!