Chapter 1

4 years later
14 years old

"I knew I'd find you in here" Mom said entering the training room.

"Where else would I be? I have no life right?" I said bitterly punching the bag harder.

"They told me you weren't attending the tournament" she said to me.

"I don't want to be at the stupid tournament" I snapped "I hate this place and everyone here, they're all stupid!"

"I take it you're talking about me too then?" Mom asked. "Cassie you know there are consequences when you break rules. You know fighting outside of the ring is prohibited here. You can't expect us to give you special treatment and bail you out of punishment every time you break a rule "

"It was Vega's fault, she's the one who got on my last nerve. You know what, I should've thrown one of those 10 pound weights in her head. Give them a real reason to disqualify me from the tournament" I said hitting the bag harder.

"Your attitude is the major issue here Cassie. That's the reason you were disqualified, you don't know when to be humble" she said to me. "You don't have much of a filter"

"I don't care anymore, about nothing. They can disqualify me from the boxing tournament all they want. I'm still not sorry and if I could start this whole day over I'd do it again, or worst" I said to her.

"You need to get that attitude of yours in check. Society already has too many hotheads" she said to me before turning back towards the exit "Since you're not at the tournament and obviously has nothing assigned for you to do you might as well come help me with the files"

"Sorry, I'm busy" I said as I continued punching the bag.

"Cassandra I'm serious, you better be in that office in no more than a minute" she replied in that authorative voice causing me to groan.

I knew better than to try and defy her once she started using that tone.
Punching the bag harder one last time, I let out a frustrated scream....

"Argh!!"

Pictures of Laura