Chapter 21

"So? Spill. How was the dinner?" Debra asked me on our way to class "How did it go?"

"Well, it was surprisingly not as bad as I thought it would've been. At first I was so damn nervous I felt as if I was seconds away from shitting myself..." I said to her.

"Eww, I'm hoping that you didn't. You didn't right?" Debra said looking at me as if looking to see the answer on my face.

"Of course not, noticed I said I felt like I was seconds away from doing so... If I had shitted myself at Tyler's place do you think that I'd really show up here today?" I said to her as we entered the classroom "As I was saying I was nervous at first when I got there, his mom was really sweet and she's so pretty... but his father was a bit on the serious side. Dinner was a success however, I didn't screw up or become awkward"

"Well that's good, so you've made a good first impression I supposed" Debra said to me.

"Uh, I guess or at least I hope so" I responded "I usually don't care what people think about me but for some strange reason I didn't want Tyler's parents to just view me as the girl who was in a fight at their house. I wanted them to see me as a normal and decent individual you know..."

"There's a reason for that sweetie... You want them to approve of their future daughter in law duh..." Debra chuckled flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"Oh please, that's so not it. I just don't want them to see me as a negative influence on their son... Considering we're friends and all" I said to her.

"Yeah right" Debra responded sarcastically rolling her eyes "That's definitely the reason Cassie- I so believe you"

"What? Its true" I said to her.

"Keep telling yourself that boo" Debra responded.

Debra

It was lunch time and we were sitting at our regular table in the cafeteria when Tyler, Lucan and their gang joined us

It was lunch time and we were sitting at our regular table in the cafeteria when Tyler, Lucan and their gang joined us. Its the second week since they had started having lunch with Debra and I at our table. The entire gang of people who used to sit with them also started sitting with us and we've sort of became quite friendly. Its weird that I never really had much friends back at Cleaners except for a few
who I could stand to be around me long enough like Farr, Shaw and sometimes Colson though he got on my nerve a lot of the time when he became too annoying or tried to hit on me. I usually would've rather being by myself indulging in training but now having friends and hanging out with them wasn't something that I really minded anymore.