Chapter 28

Hey guys here is an update. I had no idea I would be updating again this quick but I had a little time on my hands and decided to start writing this chapter only an hour ago. I just finished and hadn't gotten a chance to read over so I'm sorry for any error. Anyway enjoy.

Few months later

"Cassie! Cassie! Hey wake up!"

"Hmm?" I groaned as I felt someone tapping my cheek.

"Come on get up"

"What? Carlos?...did... Ow" I winced in pain putting my hand to my head.

"We caught him. Don't worry I took care of him. Come on let me help you up" Shemar said as he helped lift me to my feet from off the ground.

"I don't know what the hell happened... Or what he hit me with" I said looking at the traces of dry blood that came back on my fingers.

"Most likely his gun, but he's taken care of. We just have to take you to get that checked out. You might have a concussion" he said lightly touching the side of my head "Its probably going to be bruised for a while"

"Just great" I groaned "Another bruise to raised more suspicions and questions"

"Come on, were supposed to get out of here then burn this place to the ground"

We had gone on a mission to take out some guys who were running a form of brothel over in Manhattan. We had a strike team from Cleaners as well as a couple other agents, I was one of the female agents who played bait for the others to get in. We had information about where Carlos and the other men got their girls so they chose one of our other young agents- Eleanor- and I to helped lure them  in or better yet then luring us in. We went to a club where Carlos and his men frequent. We were supposed to dressed in provoking/revealing outfits then started acting like two drunk girls. These men targeted the young girls and thats how we able to find out where the brothel was and the others find it. The plan was to get taken in, the others would track us to the exact location then we proceeded to get out the girls then the strike team would take out the bad guys. Carlos caught up on what was happening as soon as the strike team invaded the building. He had caught up on me as I had taken down one of his men, and that's was when he knocked me over the head causing me to fall unconscious until Shemar came.
I was brought back to see a doctor where my head was patched up and I got some medication and was advised not to fall asleep for a couple hours because of the concussion.

When I got back home, I just knew that I was probably not going to be able to make it to school the next day. For one I still had a terrible headache, I was exhausted and even worst I had a swollen head and apart of my face was bruised. I also had one major problem now and that was explaining it to Tyler. I had taken off two days from school to go on the mission and now as result of my new injury. Being the type of boyfriend that Tyler was he was cutting school early to come see me since we hadn't seen each other since the weekend. I had tried giving him all sorts of excuses to put him off but he insisted and I could only now think about how much I'm screwed. I'd better be able to come up with a good lie. I was usually a good liar who could remained very well compose and wouldn't have an issue with telling a lie to cover up the truth about me but hearing the doorbell rang, made me extremely nervous I was sure I was going to pass out.

"Hey" I smiled as I opened the door to let Tyler in.

"Hey baby it feels like I haven't seen you in forever" Tyler smiled as he came in hugging me then placing a kiss on my lips. "I missed you"