Chapter 37

Cassie's POV

I don't know what was going on but I just have this feeling that Tyler is mad at me for something that I'm not yet aware of. He's been acting indifferent towards me all day, even Lucan and the twins seems a bit distance as well. Maybe I was just being paranoid or they just weren't in the best of moods today but something felt off. Even Debra noticed it and asked me if Tyler and I were fighting. I told her no because we weren't having any problems now that I know of. We were good up to evening yesterday when I last saw him but today he was just acting a bit strange. He said I should come over after school this evening and I was going to tell him that I can't, I had to be on 'Madison watch' but because of all the strangeness I made sure to tell Madison that she should probably go home with one of her friends and I'd pick her up after. I just felt like me not spending enough time with Tyler lately is causing this rift between us and we need to sort that out.

"Hey Lucan" I called as I saw him by his locker "Can I talk to you for a minute please?"

"Yeah I guess" he responded turning to face me "What's up?"

"I know I shouldn't be getting you involved but you're his best friend and I know you guys discussed most things plus I don't have anyone else I can ask so I need to ask you. I really hope you can help me though" I said to him "Is Tyler mad with me about something? Do you know why?"

"Why do you think that he's mad at you?" Lucan asked me "Did you do something to make him mad at you?"

"Not that aware of but I just got this feelings he's mad at me. He haven't mentioned anything to you?" I asked him.

"Cassie I think you should talk to Tyler about that. If he's mad at you for any reason, he's the one who would be the best person to tell you that" Lucan said to me.

"Alright, so tell me this...why are you mad at me?" I asked him.

"Me?"

"Yes you. I know you and you're always making some joke or comment about me but since this morning its like we're in some sort of disagreement or something and you're mad at me"

"You know how you're always saying that other people love to over think things too much? Well you need to check yourself Cassie because you're doing exactly just that" Lucan said to me "You must be paranoid or something because I'm not mad at you, what reasons could I have to be mad at you?"

"I don't know, but I'm just glad to hear it now from you" I said to him.

"You're crazy Cassie anyway see you later" Lucan said to me before walking off.

****
"Did you hear that Mr.Monahan isn't here today?" Debra said grinning "You know what that means right? Free period"

"Yeah I've heard, Tyler texted me. He wants us to drive over to his house for free period" I said to him "I'll be leaving soon so we can hang out. I sense there are some issues that we may need to sort out"

"Like what?" Debra asked me.

"I don't know, I just got this feeling like he's mad at me for something I don't know I did" I said to her "I think it got something to do with me and Madison or not spending enough time together"

"If its about Madison then I'm totally taking his side on this one" Debra said to me "I mean you guys hate each other this long  and you almost killed her and what's up with that? You said that she was just staying around until her parents gets back from wherever and she was left with you guys because your dad is her dad's bodyguard and he only trust to leave her with you guys so that's why he's been hanging around. But as far as I can see it looks like you're her bodyguard or something instead"