Chapter 10

I really didn't want to go back to school today, I know it was about time since I already had one week off and I wasn't that hurt where I couldn't start going back but still I just wasn't feeling ready.
And the fact that I'm still not able to fully use one hand made me want to stay home more but mom insisted that I had to go. Since I couldn't drive yet mom was dropping me off and I'm guessing that she's picking me up as well.

"This is crazy" I said once mom stopped in front of the school "I should really be staying home"

"Really, for how long? You're fortunate you got to home for a week now go and try not to have any more accident or even worst avoid any altercation with anyone" mom said to me.

"I'll try" I sighed opening the car door with my good hand "You're  picking me up later right?"

"I'll let you know, just keep your phone handy so I can call you" she responded.

"Alright, see you later" I said to her before exiting the car.

I didn't know that being involved in an accident would have made me this...how should I put ... popular. Everyone was coming up to me asking me if I was okay now and about the accident and my arm. Even people that never spoke to me before since I started going here were coming up and talking to me.

"You know this is the first time I'm being aware that people at this school actually cares about someone else other than themselves. I always just thought everyone were selfish, self-centered assholes" Debra said to me "Seems I may have judge them a bit too harsh all this time"

"I'm surprised too, I mean I too thought that nobody would have cared" I responded as I used my good hand to open my locker "Guess we were both wrong about them"

"Its a shocker... Anyway I had notes for the classes you've missed photocopied, that way you won't have to pressure your good hand with back writing" Debra said to me as she dug into her bag and handing me a bunch of papers. "Sorry if my handwriting isn't all that legible"

"Don't be silly, I can recognize everything you write. Seriously Debra you're awesome, thank you" I said at her as I took them from her "You're really the best thanks a lot"

"No problem, I just feel like doing a kind deed for a friend" she responded.

"I owe you"I said to her.

"I'm actually going to hold you to that you know because.... Oh brother " Debra broke off with a annoyed groan.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked her but turn looking behind me in the direction I saw Debra looked.

It was then I realized why she let out that groan, Lucan and Tyler was coming our way.

"Hey Kitten" I heard Tyler greeted as he and Lucan stopped just right beside us.

"Hi ladies" Lucan greeted.

"Hey Lucan" I smiled at him before raising a brow at Tyler "Kitten?

"You know how they say cats have nine lives and you've been in an accident and survived I was using that term as a reference to you" Tyler responded.

"Tyler that's not funny" Debra said to him "She could've been seriously hurt"

"Yeah you're right. I'm sorry Cassie, I just wanted to say I'm glad you're alright now I'm away" Tyler responded before looking at my cast wrist.

"It's okay, I know you didn't really mean any harm by your comment, or I at least hope you didn't" I smiled at him.

"So how are you really feeling now?" Lucan asked before Tyler could say anything else.