Chapter 40

This is going to be a short chapter guys. Please check out my other story 'The Sugar Daddy Club' its going really good so far... Anyway here's the update.

Cassie's POV

How did things turned out like this? A couple weeks ago everything was almost perfect and now my world has turned upside down. I failed my first and simplest mission so far-to protect Madison whether or not I liked her- I failed her as a subject I was to protect with everything I got. As an agent of Cleaners that was the hard tasks and decisions we were given and had to make. I've lost the trust and status of being considered a responsible and reliable agent, I loss my boyfriend, my friends and possible my very first best friend- Debra.
She was still clueless as to everything that has happened and how much I'm involved, she's been trying to get me since last night but I just couldn't answer after everything that has gone down. I'm sure by now the news of Madison's attack must have reached her as well as others and I wasn't sure how I was going to explain things to her. There is no way I can just blurt out the truth to her but I've told so many lies and kept so many secrets since I got here, I was just so tired of them right now. I thought that if Tyler knew the truth then things could be different and easier, that things between us could be better but that's not so.
Apparently us being on opposite teams wasn't going to work well for a relationship, Tyler didn't need to say it out loud, I knew exactly what he was thinking. He and I weren't going to do much good together anymore now that we both know the truth. For all my life I've been taught one thing- to kill those who are apart of the mafia- but now that I found out my boyfriend... Ex- boyfriend and is family controls one, I can't bring myself to do anything about it. I can't even tell my parents the truth, I was always taught that if you are apart of a gang or mafia you're wicked and in deserving of death but knowing the Cavelli's for over a year now I just can't picture them being all terrible like others. I don't think that they could ever be as heartless and ruthless as those who took my mom years ago or those who attacked Madison. Maybe my judgement is being clouded by my love for Tyler or the closeness to this family but still...I wouldn't want anything to happened to them or even Lucan. I had told my parents that Tyler believed that I stole one of their guns and that was how I was able to shot the handcuffs and that because of that he wasn't speaking to me now. I don't know if they bought it or not but I couldn't tell them the truth less they decide to recruit the whole Cleaners clan and decide to start a wipe out war.

"So Mom, any news on Moritz or his men? Where they're located or their next possible move" I asked "They attacked Madison I doubt they're going to stop at that"

"That's our concern for now" Mom said to me "You are suspended from all missions and dealings until further notice"

"Further notice? What's that supposed to mean? I'm one of the best agents you have" I said to her "Just because I made one simple mistake doesn't mean you have to put me on the bench"

"Cassie, your judgement and focus have been altered and clouded by your own personal issues" Mom said to me "Until we're sure your head is clear again and you're thinking straight before we can let you in on any mission and briefings"

"This is unbelievable! I am thinking straight! My head hasn't been clearer than it is right now!" I yelled in frustration.

"Don't raise your voice at me" Mom said to me "Right now you just focus on keeping yourself safe, that's the only mission I'm going to give you"

"You're the one making those decision, I doubt HQ thinks the same thing. They know I'm one of the best so far and agents messed up all the time that doesn't mean they get their positions and status taken away" I said to her.

"In case you forgot Cassandra, I am apart of the head at Cleaners. I help make the final decisions as I'm making with you now so I suggest you do as I say and lay low until I say otherwise OK" mom said to me "By the way aren't you going to school today?"

"No, school is the last thing on my mind right now" I frowned sitting down on the couch.

"I'll see you later then" mom said securing a gun in her holster.

"Yeah" I said laying down as she left.

Twenty minutes later I couldn't just sit still and do nothing. I felt as if I was going out of my freaking mind. I decided that I needed to do something so I decided to go to the hospital, I hadn't seen Madison since and I still needed to apologize for not being there to protect her.

I had just entered my car and putting on my seatbelt when the passenger door beside me opened. It took seconds for me to react and pulled a gun at the person who had entered and just the same I too was at the receiving end of a gun. When I finally got the chance to see who the person was I couldn't help but groaned as well as let out a sigh of relief.

"Mr.Cavelli? This isn't really necessary you know" I said lowering my gun and looking at his "I'm not a threat to you right now"

"Not right now? Then you are a threat then? Now this is quite a surprise" Gio let out a humourless laugh.

"I don't know what Tyler told you but I haven't said anything to my parents or anyone else about you guys and I'm not out to get any of you, if I were I wouldn't be asking for your help" I said to him.

"Seems like that's something you and Tyler have in common" Mr.Cavelli said to me "Good at hiding stuff from your parents"

"Tyler didn't told you?" I asked in surprise "Oh crap"

"Maybe you would like to explain things to me personally and whats this help you're asking for" Mr. Cavelli said to me.

"Uhm... I don't know if I have the time right now Mr.Cavelli. I kinda have to get to the hospital soon before visiting hours ate over and..."

"I have nothing but time and I'm not going anywhere and till you've explain yourself to the fullest little girl" Mr.Cavelli said getting comfortable in the passenger seat "Any place you've got to go, I'll be going too because I need to hear the full truth about everything"

Such a short chapter I know, Sorry guys but I didn't want you to wait too long before I update so here you go. Hope you like it and you can check out my other story 'The Sugar Daddy Club' its going good so far and its updated more frequent so I believe you'll like it.

Anyway don't forget to share the support by placing a vote or comment.