Chapter 47

Months later

I can hardly believe just how fast time flies, just the other day I was starting public high school as a junior and now today I was graduating from St.Alexander High school. As much as I tried to tone down my performance a bit because I thought it was unfair to the other kids since I've been educated and most of the stuff they taught us at school back when I was at cleaners, I still graduated top of my class. When they nominated me for valedictorian- I turned it down- I wanted to give another student this opportunity. So much has happened in the past months, Madison and I learning to be civil with each other after all, Tyler and I maintaining our friendship status though occasionally we sort of become friends with benefit. We still hadn't resumed to the boyfriend and girlfriend titles but somehow we had managed to remain exclusive not dating anyone else. I just think that it was easier this way as since we weren't officially together it'd be easier when we have to go our separate ways. I was going to leave for Atlanta to attend FBI academy and Tyler was going to university in Canada to study business management- don't ask me why he decided to go that far. Lucan was going with him while Debra was planning on staying here and attend beauty school. Even though our separation would be temporary since we were all coming back to New York, I was going to missed them. I would be back and reunited with Debra within a year but Tyler and Lucan would be doing three years at the university they'd be attending.

I never had an original graduation like this so I was glad to have gotten the chance to fit in like a normal teenager graduating highschool. Being proud and excited as they called our names and we walked across the stage to collect our certificates and diploma, performing the song we practised together. I absolutely loved the feeling of everything and then us and our families going out all together to celebrate and have dinner. I never envisioned a scene like this, all of us as friends together with our families at one of Tyler's Dad restaurant which was booked just for us for the evening. Everyone was getting along well and just happy for us finally completing highschool.

After the family and close friends celebratory dinner, we went to Tyler's parent's spare house for the after party where most of our graduating class was. It was the biggest party Tyler and Lucan had ever thrown yet. Sometime throughout the night, I somehow lost Debra and Lucan and then Tyler and I found ourselves in one of the bedrooms making out. It was so weird how we said we aren't dating but still find ourselves in situations like this.

"Tyler, do you really think we should left everyone downstairs unattended like this?" I asked as Tyler was busy kissing my neck "Debra and Lucan aren't even down there to keep on eye on things"

"You're right" Tyler let out a frustrated sigh before resting his head on my chest for a while "We should probably get back down there before someone decides to destroy the house"

"Yeah" I nodded as I sat up straightening the dress I was wearing.

"I wanted to give you something too" Tyler said standing up and putting his hand at the back of his neck.

I was surprised to see him removed a fine linked gold chain from around his neck. He held it up with one hand while he got something from his pocket with the other.
He went behind me and put the chain around my neck, when I lifted the pendant that he had placed on the chain I noticed that it was a T.

"I know you're leaving for Atlanta earlier than the rest of us. I wanted to give you this before I forgot" Tyler said as he finished clasping the chain around my neck "This is in case the tattoo we got together when we first met doesn't always make you remember me, this will. You said that one day we'll have a chance of dating again, maybe when we finished our studying you'll be ready to give me that second chance"

"Tyler, I love it" I smiled looking at the pendant "And you know there's no way I'm going to forget about you"

"I know you won't, because I won't give you a chance to. What I meant is that I hope this will remind you not to go out with some other guy when they asked you"