Book 2: Chapter 5

"Josh, thank you so much for helping me out with this. If you hadn't came when I called the entire apartment would have been flooded. I am such a klutz" I said as I leaned on the kitchen island watching Josh trying to fix my pipe "You must think I'm an idiot"

"Nah, I dont. Accidents happen Cassie, besides the things in this apartment are surprisingly old and weak. It would probably fall off some other time and flood your apartment even of you didn't accidentally bumped it" Josh responded.

"Maybe but if I wasn't so clumsy this wouldn't have happened, so thank you so much" I said to him.

"You're welcome" Josh responded as he got up from under the sink "There, I think you're all good now"

"Really? You fixed the pipe that quick? Omg thank you Josh, I really owe you one" I smiled at him.

"Dont worry about it. I did say you could drop by anytime you want for anything" Josh winked "I meant it"

"I'm glad. Though your brother Damien, he doesn't seem to like me much. I don't know if I did something to offend him or..."

"Damien doesn't like anyone new around him. I don't know what's his deal with new people but that's just him. You can say he hates people, he's always the sour puss" Josh responded.

Really? Sour puss?

"Well that's sad. I'm glad I have at least one neighbour who isn't a sour puss" I joked causing him to laugh.

"Damien and I have two different personalities and attitudes"

"So, what is it that you do? I mean you just fixed my broken pipe perfectly, would you happened to be a plumber or something?" I asked trying to fish for information.

"Or something" Josh chuckled.

"Something like?" I pressed.

"I'm a landscaper and a mover along with my brother" Josh told me.

"Oh so you work two jobs then? That's nice, but how do you guys do it?"

"I do landscaping in the day and move at nights" Josh responded "I know it's not anything luxurious or high class but I enjoy it"

"Nothing is wrong with what you do Josh, as long as you enjoy it and making a honest cash" I said to him "Its not like you're doing burglary or something right?"

"W-what? Of course not. Yeah right, that would be absurd" Josh chuckled before rubbing the back of his neck nervously which I recognised as a tell or give away in some people.

"I know right" I chuckled playing along.

"So I've got to go now, I just remember I have to do something" Josh said taking up his little tool pan as quick as possible "Try not to knock off your pipe again. Best advice is to just wait a while before using the pipe. Allow the glue I used to dry a little first"

"Right, I will. Thanks again Josh, I'll have to make it up to you some other time" I said to him.

"Yeah I won't turn down that offer" Josh said before rushing out.

I was getting desperate and tired of just sticking around the apartment waiting to magically catch the Xavier brothers in a criminal act. Earlier I had willfully kicked the pipes under the kitchen sink causing them to pull apart and began spraying the kitchen area with water. It was an act of desperation which I hadn't thought out but I needed an opening to talk to Joshua. So after doing this I went over to their door and knocked asking if anyone could assist me, even though I means Joshua. I had figured that Damien was going to be a harder nut to crack than Josh. He was sporting this cold attitude and wasn't allowing me much opportunity to get to him, however, it was obvious that I affected Joshua. I could tell he had a little crush on me so I was hoping that I would be able to get something out of him. I didn't like waiting too long before solving a case, never have and never will.