Chapter 34- Part 1

If anyone had told me a year ago that I would be responsible for protecting Madison or that she'd be at my home today I would have called them a liar. The girl hated me ever since I've arrived at school and I the same. We bickered, fought and almost killed each other for heaven sake and now I was actually the one trying to keep someone else from possible killing her. Talk about a turn of events.

Yesterday when we had left school, after Madison had shown me Kaseem's text and asked me for help, I had told her to text him back and tell him that she was sorry but she already had prior plans with her friend. I had drove behind her to her house to scope out the area and spotted his Jeep not for down the lane away from their house. Seeing that I had to tell her to go grab some of her stuff because she would be staying over my place. I had called Harvey
and informed him of the situation and that the Alveranga's house maybe bugged and he had the others stay away for the night and someone to go check out things at the house.

"How capable are you of fighting off Kaseem if he should come after us?" Madison asked as we were about to leave for school "Maybe your mom and someone else from the police department should escort us or something"

"Madison I need to ask you something? Do you think that if you're in serious danger and I wasn't capable of handling things they'd left you with an incapable teenager like yourself?" I asked her as I pulled out a gun showing her and leaving her in shock.

"Where did you...I mean how did you... Where did you get a gun?"

"This isn't my only one but just know that I'm more than capable of things and as long as you corporate with me and do as I say everything will be just fine and you'll be safe" I said to her "I'm not doing this because I have to or because I want to. This is a job but if you cross me or run your mouth about me, what I do or anything else for that matter, you better believe that I won't hesitate in shooting your ass and say it was Kaseem or one of the others. Understand?"

****
"Alright I need to know something; Am I crazy or am I freaking crazy?" Debra asked once I met her after arriving at school "Did Madison Alveranga just came out of your car or am I hallucinating?"

"You're not crazy or hallucinating" I responded.

"Well I'm confused" Debra said.

"She stayed over my house... Before you say anything or ask me when since Madison and I are friends, we aren't. It was my parents idea" I told her "You know how Harvey is her dad's bodyguard? Well I guess her parents weren't going to be home and felt that she wouldn't be safe at their house by herself, so they suggested that while they're away Harvey would keep an eye on her and he said it was best if Madison came over to our place"

"That must be so hard having to put up with a spoil bitch like Madison
in your personal space" Debra said to me.

"You have no idea but its only temporary" I responded "Soon she'll be out of my hair and I won't have to resist the strong urge to strangle her"

"I'll pray for you in the meanwhile sister" Debra said to me "Because lord knows you'll need it"

*****
"I'm picking you up at 5:30 later this evening" Tyler said to me "And Baby, please try to get ready early so that I can just pick you up and drive straight to the restaurant. Wouldn't want to be late again like the last time, my Dad hate it whenever I'm late for anything especially family dinners"

"About that....Tyler, is your entire family going to be there? Like both sides of your family including your grandparents and uncle and aunt?" I asked a bit unsurely.

"Yeah, it is another one of those types of family dinner but you shouldn't really be worrying, I mean you've met them before and should be used to them by now" Tyler responded "And besides they love you so I don't see why you should be nervous"

"I know but that's not it... Are they expecting me?" I asked him hoping he would say no.

"Yes, its somewhat a celebratory family dinner. Remember my parents just opened a new hotel so it has became customary to celebrate as a family whenever we have any achievement. And you're my girlfriend so that automatically makes you
be considered as apart of the family"

"I was afraid of that" I sighed.

"Afraid of what? Being considered family?" Tyler asked confused.

"No, no not that. I was afraid that they'd be expecting me because now its going to seems so rude to just cancel and not show up at last minute" I replied "But I'm afraid I may not be able to make it"

"Why not?" Tyler asked seriously "Did something happened why you're not going to be able to come?"

"Kind of" I respond sheepishly.

"Cas, what do you mean by kind of"

"I have an unexpected houseguest that I unfortunately have to keep an eye on because my parents will most likely be working until late tonight and I can't leave her there alone" I said to him "I'm so sorry that I'm cancelling"

"You don't have to... Just bring your guest to dinner with you" Tyler suggested "My parents definitely won't mind"

"I'm not sure that'll be a wise idea" I said to him.

"Why not?" Tyler asked.

"Because you don't even know who the person is and I'm positive that she's going to give me a headache if I try convincing her to come and if she does come along with us, then I'm positive it's going to be a super awkward dinner" I said to him "I don't want to risk ruining your family's night or embarrass them or myself"

"Then is this person so bad that for one night everyone can't just be civilised with each other?"

"Yes, she's that bad" I said to him "And in case you're wondering, its Madison"

"What!?" Tyler choked out in shock "What the hell is Madison even doing at your house? You guys can't stand each other"

"I know but this is my parents fault. Harvey is her dad's to go bodyguard and since her parents are away for a couple of days, apparently they don't trust her being on her own at their place and since my parents are cops they figured she'd be safer staying with us" I told him "I'm forced to be an hospitable host"

"You've got to be kidding me" Tyler said shaking his head "Wait, how long is she going to be there?"

"I'm not sure but I do know its temporary so maybe by tomorrow or so she'll be gone" I said to him.

"So, does this mean that you guys are getting along or at least not tearing each other apart?"

"Well I'm forced to be civilised to her and at least 'play nice' in the meanwhile she's with us"
I said to him.

"Well good. You can just bring her along with you then" Tyler said to me.

"Tyler, are you crazy or deaf? Didn't you hear me said that its Madison?"

"I also heard you say you're stuck with her but you guys are 'playing nice' with each other. I don't want you to cancel coming tonight and my parents are already looking forward to see you so we wouldn't want to disappoint them. In case you're going to feel awkward with the three of us driving together in one car you can just  drive and drag Madison ass with you whether she likes it or not"