Chapter 17

"You are coming Saturday night right?" Tyler said to me as he caught up with me at my car in the school's parking lot.

"Saturday night?" I asked cluelessly as I opened my car door and throwing my bag inside "What's Saturday night?"

"I'm throwing a costume party at my place Saturday night" Tyler informed me.

"A costume party? How come you didn't do that back in October? You know on Halloween" I asked him.

"Let's just say that I didn't have any clearance or a permit then, so now I'm having a sort of 'Bringing  Back Halloween' theme party" Tyler said to me.

"Oh" I smile "That makes sense and its still early November too..."

"So you coming right?" Tyler asked once again as he took a piece of thread that was from my shirt out of my hair.

"I don't know... What if I don't have a costume?" I said to him.

"You wear whatever you have then" Tyler responded.

"And if I don't want to feel left out while everyone else is wearing a costume?" I challenged.

"You come dressed as a normal everyday individual... Whatever you decide to wear will be your costume" Tyler said to me "And you can't say you don't have any normal, casual clothes to wear. I'll know you're lying and just making up excuses"

"But what if I really don't have any clothes?" I chuckled.

"Then you can always come naked" Tyler smirked.

"Wouldn't you just love that" I laughed pushing his shoulder playfully "I don't know where you live anyway"

"Thats the least, just give me your number and I can text you my address and all other details"

****
"For our English assignment, are you going to ask Tyler to be apart of our group? Johnathon already asked to join and that means we only need one other boy" Debra said to me as we were hanging out in my room.

"I guess but couldn't you ask him? I mean you were with them at lunch" I said to her.

"Yes I could but I figured I'd give you an excuse or more of an opening to talk to him more" Debra said picking up a magazine from my bookshelf.

"What, you're playing match maker or cupid now?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Yes, call me cupid. I got to help spread some love and romance between you two" Debra said aiming her hands in a fake arrow and shooting an imaginary love arrow at me.

"Girl your crazy. There isn't or is never going to be anything romantic between Tyler and I. We're just friends and that's how it's going to remain" I said as I took up my phone "I'm going to ask him about joining our group anyway, that's if he cares much about this assignment"

"You know, I've never really seen Tyler stick around or befriend anyone as quickly as he did with you. And if he isn't interested in a girl he would never entertain the idea of being around them  almost all the time" Debra said "And the fact that he's dumped Madison and not wanting anything to do with her for this long, simply means he has someone else in mind and that person is most definitely you"

"So you're saying what? That Tyler may want me as his next girlfriend or something?" I asked her.

"Why else would he be hanging around you? And even more, you guys get tattoos together... You said he allowed you to choose something for him"

"Yeah but that's because he trusted me as a friend" I replied.

"Are you that blind? The guy obviously likes you. Trust me I know, everyone sees it except you, how can that be?" Debra asked "Let me tell you something, I've known Tyler for years now and I kinda got closer to him through dating Lucan and believe me when I say they can be jerks- I won't deny that and they hardly seem to trust a lot of people but when they do take a liking to someone they stick to them"